Have you/will you reclaim past bank charges?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Money Saving Polls
26 replies 3.3K views
13»

Replies

• Update......Today i have received a letter from lloyds offering £750...the total i was claiming was £2150...Decisions decisions..do i accept the £750 or go for the full ammount..Any suggestions..
  • E. I have read the very informative article and the £10 payable for the statements is probably very close to any money they might owe me, plus hassle of new current account.
    are you sitting comfortably?, then I'll begin.....
    was at 01/01/07 now 03/07/07

overdraft was 1500 now 1360 must try harder.

loan was 13705.24 now 9791.62 due to be paid off 01/02/2011 but gonna aim for 01/05/2009!!

amex cc was 4210 now 3650.48 lobt at 4.9% due to be paid off in 01/02/08
    total owed was £19415.24 now its £14802.10 going down!!!:money:
    I am proud to be dealing with my debt!
    just one day at a time, dont take on ANY NEW debt.
  • FreefallFreefall Forumite
    430 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    cheetah wrote:
    I am all for saving money but find this whole subject mildly annoying.

In the end it will mean that people like me (who manage there money and accounts) so do not get charged will end up paying for all the others.

If you get charged it is because you have done something to make the bank charge you - you should pay that charge and not me!

Wrong....

It means that people like you that are skilled/affluent/organised enough to avoid the slippery slope of default charges won't have your "free banking" subsidised by those on benefits.
  • zincoxidezincoxide Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Started the ball rolling on 27th December and got my letter this morning confirming full re-payment of my bank charges!!

Only £182 over the 6 year period (I was amazed how little I'd lost) but they still paid up in full.

Oh, and the bank, Natwest - to them there is another way - premier plus at alliance & leicester!!
    Treat others as you would like to be treated :A
  • emily_jacksonemily_jackson Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    cheetah wrote:
    I am all for saving money but find this whole subject mildly annoying.

In the end it will mean that people like me (who manage there money and accounts) so do not get charged will end up paying for all the others.

If you get charged it is because you have done something to make the bank charge you - you should pay that charge and not me!

I can't believe you're NEVER going to pay a bank charge!
  • cambsmancambsman Forumite
    114 Posts
    E. Had either £60 or £90 of charges (£30 a time) in past three years, but theyd prolly call my bluff and take me to court and win with their expensive lawyers etc, so too scared to try and reclaim. While i would like £60 or 70 of my pounds back, the risks dont seem worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals