We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mozilla Thunderbird on W7
Neil_Taylor
Posts: 162
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Can someone tell me where Thunderbird stores emails and address book? I want to back them up.
Ta!
Ta!
Neil
0
Comments
-
I think you'll find them here...
C:\Users\I]userName[/I\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird
And here's a utility that will do it for you:
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/0 -
And if it's similar to Thunderbird under Linux, make sure you back up the whole profile (all the contents of the <randomchars>.default folder) as I found out the hard way that it's impossible to restore from just a subset of that data such as the Mail subfolder alone.0
-
You can back your address book up from the import/export tab in the address book .
jje0 -
And if you download the ImportExportTools Add-on, you can export all of your messages, or a subset, in one of several different file formats - and of course import them similarly.0
-
Golly!
Speedy response.
Thanks to all.Neil0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
