We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Netbooks for 3 to 4 year olds
MaBi
Posts: 4 Newbie
in Techie Stuff
Hello
My nursery has been awarded an IT grant to buy a couple of netbooks for the older children. Can anyone recommend a netbook for 3 to 4 year-old children? I've so far found My First Windows Computer but Leixbook and have been told about Fizzbooks, although I cannot find anywhere to purchase a new one of these. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
My nursery has been awarded an IT grant to buy a couple of netbooks for the older children. Can anyone recommend a netbook for 3 to 4 year-old children? I've so far found My First Windows Computer but Leixbook and have been told about Fizzbooks, although I cannot find anywhere to purchase a new one of these. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
http://www.primaryict.co.uk/fizzbook+spin+10.1+netbooks_c113_p1.htm
Fizzbooks here...
Personally I wouldn't buy a tablet for a 3-4 year old. Don't children that age tend to slobber and crap? Dirty fingers over a touch screen would end up being a pain
0 -
Hello
My nursery has been awarded an IT grant to buy a couple of netbooks for the older children. Can anyone recommend a netbook for 3 to 4 year-old children? I've so far found My First Windows Computer but Leixbook and have been told about Fizzbooks, although I cannot find anywhere to purchase a new one of these. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
I would concur that the fizzbook is probably the best option given the age of the children. But do shop around, you will always pay more if you go to a 'specialist educational reseller', and they are available elsewhere.0 -
Just noticed your post - I bought a lexibook laptop for my seven year old at christmas with the additional dongle to connect to the internet. It cost £230 and is ok as a toy if the child is happy to use it with the software/games etc supplied - It is useless connected to the internet , it just grinds to a halt and locks up, the on board memory seems incapable of dealing with any webpage, unfortunately my child wants to use the internet for games etc -the Lexibook was discarded the week after christmas and is never used, she will borrow her sisters advent laptop (which was not much more expensive than the Lexibook - thanks PC World) I would struggle to think of a bigger waste of money in my house in recent years.0
-
Here is an interesting article on tablets for 3 year olds:
http://blogs.freescale.com/2010/12/29/tablet-young-children-use/
It goes into the strengths and limitations of using an iPad & 30 childrens apps for 3 year olds. It also has a youtube video, and afterwards the "related videos" part shows more videos related to children that age using the devices.0 -
What a brilliant idea, never too early to teach little ones to be socio-paths.That gum you like is coming back in style.0
-
Here is an interesting article on tablets for 3 year olds:
http://blogs.freescale.com/2010/12/29/tablet-young-children-use/
It goes into the strengths and limitations of using an iPad & 30 childrens apps for 3 year olds. It also has a youtube video, and afterwards the "related videos" part shows more videos related to children that age using the devices.
Indeed I think for a household item for a child would be excellent. Just not in a classroom or nursery type situation.
Kid was good at spelling elephant though
0 -
Hello
My nursery has been awarded an IT grant to buy a couple of netbooks for the older children. Can anyone recommend a netbook for 3 to 4 year-old children? I've so far found My First Windows Computer but Leixbook and have been told about Fizzbooks, although I cannot find anywhere to purchase a new one of these. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
I thought that we we were " all in this together " obviously not, clearly some departments have money to burn.0 -
Indeed I think for a household item for a child would be excellent. Just not in a classroom or nursery type situation.
Kid was good at spelling elephant though
I'm not arguing
Just writing suggestions and giving information, I'm sure the OP will know a lot better than me what will be suitable.
My main concern with an iPad in a classroom would be how quickly it would disappear...0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

