🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Satified IVA NO RECORD ON EQUIFAX OR CREDIT EXPERT??? HELP

Options
Hi, I've had a look through the forum and cant see anything that relates to the issues I'm having. As some background -
1. IVA was satisfied July of 2010
2. At that point I registered with both Equifax and Credit Expert
3. My credit rating on both sites was in the TOP Third of their rating system
4. There was and still is not any record of the IVA on my accounts (totaly thrown me)
5. Equifax customer service was as much use as a chocolate tea pot, though the woman on the phone did state that the IVA IS NOT ON THEIR RECORDS and my credit is good.
6. I applied for a mortguage last year, HALIFAX, who then pulled the rug from under me after confirming through my Mortgage advisor that we had the money good to go, left us in a flat spin trying to regain from it as this now left a hard search on our file. (taken a while to re-build my rating)
7. Credit Expert say the same thing - No Reord

HELP!!!! I'm now approaching my 6 year point when I'd expect any record to come off my file but how can I be sure that it's gone f it's not showing to start with?
I'm due to leave the services soon and would like to be in my own home before this happens.
Does anyone have any experiance like this or any top tips? I dont want to smash my rating again in August 2011. Thanks for any respones.

Comments

• Foxy-Stoat_3
    Foxy-Stoat_3 Posts: 2,980 Forumite
    Options
    There will be a record somewhere on the credit ref agencies, think theres 3 of them that the lenders use.

Did you tell Halifax that you have been in an IVA before you started the application?

I assume you filled out a mortgage application and had a question that went something like:

Have you ever been made insolvent or ever been made bankrupt?

If you answered yes then thats probably the reason why they withdraw your application, if you answered no then you technically commited mortgage fraud and the lender found out about it.

High street banks arent lending to people that have been discharged off an IVA or Bankrupt until at least 2 years has past, some maybe more.
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport