We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

I've Seen a Bee!!

Options
Now I know Spring is on its way! Bee on my crocuses this morning.

Any more sightings?

Comments

• jamsandwhich
    jamsandwhich Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    Not a bee but we did spend the day doing the garden and greenhouse out yesterday and saw lots of ladybirds out playing:)

And saw some daffodils out during the week.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Nottinghamshire

I saw a wasp last week but not seen a ladybird or bee yet. It's a lovely sunny day here today although not very warm at only 7 degrees.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • WestonDave
    WestonDave Posts: 5,154 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Huge great bumblebee flew at the kitchen window yesterday - nice sunny afternoon - shame about the overnight frost!
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been helping bees and wasps/hornets out of the greenhouses for the last week or two, seen the odd, stupid Red Admiral as well. Never quite sure if its better to let them out into the possible cold or leave them in the warm but with little food.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • EdinPheonix
    EdinPheonix Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Not seen any bees this year but i did see one on 24th Dec 2009! However a few weeks ago there was a butterfly outside our office.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    saw wasp today
    and 2 yukky flies yesterday
  • Pixiechic
    Pixiechic Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    My cat was fixated on something earlier and so I went to have a look and it was a huge bee!

Moved beautiful cat away and smiled as spring is finally coming/here:D.
  • Casati
    Casati Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    saw a big fat bumble bee on 24th Feb...mind you that was in London & its always a degree or two warmer there
    2016: No Clutter to Be Seen 805/2016
    2015 Grand total 2301/2015
  • Siren1974
    Siren1974 Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    We had a bee buzzing about the garden last week :D First I'd seen this year. Our garden has been full of ladybirds for weeks though. There's dozens and dozens out sunbathing today. I'm in the midlands
    Smashed through my weightloss target. Looking at 120lbs+ loss. BMI over 40 down to 20.5. Training hard to get body fat under 20%, not far to go now :j
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saw 2 wasps about 3 weeks ago and a big fat dead bee on the ground around the same time too.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport