Great way to spend a few hours with kids...

Options
I bought my two a digital camera each...http://www.vivitar.co.uk/cameras/3megapixel/vivicam3105s/
(£24 from Superdrug) and then we went on a "light hunt".
The kids took photos of every different type of light they saw on our walk up into town and back. When we counted them up, they had over 100 different pictures each of different lights.
This activity took them about 3 and a half hours... without a single grumble or moan from either of them! (even when it got dark and cold, it gave them more lights to spot)
Next we're going to do doors, then windows, then wheels... the list they've made is huge!
It was great just taking time to look at and notice things in this way and then they came home and talked about the photos for another hour or so! The camera's are so simple to use (my 4 yr old had no difficulty... bit shaky, but still some great snaps) and I couldn't believe how much they enjoyed it. The £24 cameras have already been worth every penny and it's stimulated their understanding of how things work.:D

Comments

• JillD_2
    JillD_2 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    what a fab idea, I shall store this one up for when mine are a bit older. My oldest is 3, it already takes an eon to walk to the end of the road .....
    Jan GC: £202.65/£450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: £0/0lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business