Parts for a Rover

Good evening

I don't normally venture into this part of the forum but am hoping to gain some advice if I may.

Essentially a lady at work is looking at selling/trading in her 54 place Rover.

She says that she is looking to buy a newer car that will see her through her retirement and that she struggles to get parts for it now.

I think it's a city Rover; does anyone here have a Rover and have problems in getting parts??? I am not mechanically minded in the slightest so sourcing and fixing it myself is not an option; I would have to rely upon my (very good) local garage.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any answers.

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

I wouldn't have thought you would have too many problems.

https://www.mg-rover.org and https://www.xpartautoservicecentre.com might be of help.
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Don't understand. Ain't a rover a dog ?:wink::rotfl:
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    sirmarcus wrote: »
    Don't understand. Ain't a rover a dog ?:wink::rotfl:

Most of them are.;)
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    I've got the 2 parts she needs:

petrol-can.jpg

lighter_1292320c.jpg
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am not sure what the question is OP.

Should you buy it? NO, it's a terrible car.

Should she get rid? YES, it's a terrible car.

Are parts really difficult to get? quite possibly, unlike the rest of the Rover range it was not built by Rover it is a re badged thing from Tata India that was only sold (in low numbers) for 2 years in the UK. So there is not much demand for parts & they were never produced here anyway.
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If it's a City Rover, run away. Its cheap and nasty and will give you the driving pleasure of a sledge on a gritted road.
    It should have been MG Rovers saviour, an ultra cheap Indian made runabout "europeanised" for UK tastes. Instead they imported it, stuck on some rubbish to make it look like a traditional Rover and asked silly money for it.
    Cheap nasty cars with many basic faults that regularly go through auctions for next to nothing.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    colino wrote: »
    Cheap nasty cars with many basic faults that regularly go through auctions for next to nothing.

Well at least they followed the Rover tradition then.. :D
  • elliebobs
    elliebobs Posts: 453 Forumite
    Many many thanks to those that posted a reply; esp to Kilty for making me laugh.

I've done a bit more research based upon your answers and the general consensus it that the car is a load of tat!

I was swayed as the lady selling it is your stereotypical careful owner and it only had 20,000 miles on the clock.

I think I'll stick to my Ka for the foreseeable. *now waits for everyone to flame the Ka!

Thanks again, much appreciated

Ellie
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    elliebobs wrote: »

I think I'll stick to my Ka for the foreseeable. *now waits for everyone to flame the Ka!

Thanks again, much appreciated

Ellie

Don't make me get my petrol can back out :D

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business