Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Attachment of Earnings Order

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
1 reply 642 views
figgyroofiggyroo Forumite
103 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Basically, an ex owes me money (in excess of £1000) so I took him to court. He offered to pay £50 p.m. which the court upped to £100 p.m. (on my objection) and a CCJ was issued. He made one payment then stopped so I have applied for an AOE. He has (finally) filled in another statement of means, and has now gained a dependant child (in the space of 5 months, apparently his partners child), no mention of her income/benefits, meaning that he has now offered £20 p.m., and asked for the order to be suspended. The court obtained info about his wage from his employers and he got a payrise of £300 p.m. a few months back! I'm pretty sure most of the info he has provided is false (for example he has understated his wage by £200 p.m).

My question is how do the courts decide how much he has to pay me per month. Do they just see that he can only 'afford' £20 and set it as that, or do they have a calculation method.

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    76.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant help Im afraid.
    Bump.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
This discussion has been closed.