Problem with removed listing.

Options
I bid for, and won, a pair of Ugg boots on ebay this weekend. Paid for them as soon as the auction had ended.

Today I recieved a message from ebay to say:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.[/FONT]"

Not only has the listing been removed, the user has vanished from ebay too.

The message also says I must wait 7 days before I request a refund via paypal. What are my chances of getting my money back?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cleanonme wrote: »
    I bid for, and won, a pair of Ugg boots on ebay this weekend. Paid for them as soon as the auction had ended.

Today I recieved a message from ebay to say:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.[/FONT]"

Not only has the listing been removed, the user has vanished from ebay too.

The message also says I must wait 7 days before I request a refund via paypal. What are my chances of getting my money back?

You have a 100% chance of getting your money back if the boots do not arrive. In the very likely event you get sent fakes then you will still get your money back but will have to put some time and effort into it. Come back here first to be talked through the best process of claiming for 'fakes'.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cleanonme
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    You have a 100% chance of getting your money back if the boots do not arrive. In the very likely event you get sent fakes then you will still get your money back but will have to put some time and effort into it. Come back here first to be talked through the best process of claiming for 'fakes'.

Thank you soolin, that has certainly put my mind at ease!

I did check out the sellers feedback, 100% and an ebay member for 7 years. No other Ugg boot sales, and no other items for sale. Thought I had been smart but I guess these things happen!
  • cleanonme
    cleanonme Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    As expected, the boots I have received today are fakes.

Would someone be so kind as to offer me guidance re where I go from here?

Thanks in advance x
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2011 at 5:06PM
    Options
    hmm if you open a fake dispute you'll have to provide proof they're fake. Other threads in this line have stated that its hard to get the proof.

I think you could open a not as described case, in this case it might be worth contacting ebay, telling them the listing was pulled, and you've now received the item and they are fake - chances are they may have been removed for being fake.

Now i think if you open an ebay dispute that they're fake thats it the seller has to prove they're not fake - BUT not sure, someone who knows for sure will pop along shortly i'm sure.

Don't worry someone will have an answer but hold fire until you get some more answers :)
  • melliott1963
    melliott1963 Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Were they sent tracked?

Whilst I wouldn't normally suggest this, as the seller has vanished and they are fakes, then, providing there was no tracking, I wouldn't go down the route of trying to prove they were fakes, but instead just claim they never turned up.

Please, before I get shouted down, I must emphasise that I wouldn't normally suggest doing this, but I think this may be an exception.
  • cleanonme
    cleanonme Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    If it helps, I took the boots to a local (official) Ugg dealer this afternoon, and they have provided a letter stating that the boots I have are counterfeit. Only problem is, the letter is addressed to me....not my mum (who's paypal account was used to pay for the boots) Will this cause a problem? The address is the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure