posting a link

Options
please could some kind person please explain to me how to post a link to a video? :D

Thanks in advance.
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
DFW No 172.

Comments

• meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you've downloaded it, you might not able to link it. But if it's on YouTube, simply copy and paste it from the address or from the right side to the video it gives you a little box saying URL - that would be your link. Apologies in advance if this is not what you were looking for :o
  • smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    meher wrote:
    If you've downloaded it, you might not able to link it. But if it's on YouTube, simply copy and paste it from the address or from the right side to the video it gives you a little box saying URL - that would be your link. Apologies in advance if this is not what you were looking for :o

Hi meher, thanks but what I am actually looking for is how to link a video from another site to this one to continue a thread. You know where people say look HERE and the here is in blue, you click and you are on the video, or how to get the url for a video on another site and post it here so that other people can view it.

Please can anyone help?
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • meher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I see, that's simple

> step one copy the link

> step two write down HERE on the post

> step three highlight HERE

> step four click on that createlinkrz7.gif chain on the top which says insert link

A box pops up

> step five delete http:// from that little box

> step six just paste the link into the box

> step seven just say OK

Done

Goodluck :kiss:
  • smokybabe
    Options
    many thanks meher, very grateful for your advice. :beer:
    DFW No 172.
  • meher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    smokybabe wrote:
    many thanks meher, very grateful for your advice. :beer:
    Welcome babes, my pleasure - it's the first time since I've joined I've become useful for a fellow MSEr. I think I should wander into Glad's pub and celebrate. And Elfy better behaves herself :rolleyes: :D
  • smokybabe
    Options
    Have a nice long cold one for me while you are there! :beer:
    DFW No 172.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport