Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Full & Final offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
2 replies 617 views
GregstacGregstac Forumite
34 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Hi all

I have been offered the chance to make a full and final settlement on a motorcycle loan I had some years ago.
The total loan was for £11000 of which there now remains £3500.

I have defaulted on the loan a few times hence the reason I am now in this position.

So my question is.....is there some calculation as to what I should offer or do I just go as low as I think then barter from there?

Thanks
Greg

Replies

• TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

When you say you defaulted a few times did you ever have a formal default notice registered on your credit file (this can only be done once for a debt). Are you still paying the original loan company or a third party with your monthly payments?

Was the loan secured on the bike and if so do you still have the bike?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Hi
    Thanks for your reply

Yes the default was registered against my credit file, When I got behind with the payments it was passed to a third party who with alot of pressure on their part managed to get me back upto date with my payments but due to circumstance I have now fell behind again by 3 months. I do still have the bike and yes it was secured.

Greg
This discussion has been closed.