feedback advice please

Just after a bit of advice regarding leaving feedback. I recieved an item of clothing off ebay today which is a totally different colour to stated. Also the packaging was just a paper envelope which was ripped and the clothing was dirty because of it. I contacted the seller who is not interested and has sent 3 shirty emails telling me i am wrong regards colour and to take up the damaged packaging with the RM. They charged £4 postage and it cost £2.36 to post. They also state that i only paid for economy delivery but i thought that meant the postal service not the packaging. Anyway the last email says to just leave what feedback i feel is appropriate and they will do the same. I am going to leave aneatral or neg and think they will leave me a neg if i do. How will a neg affect me? I only have a feedback score of 104. Just wondering if its worth the hassle. I paid about £7 for the item.

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sellers can not leave negative feedback other than leaving a positive but with negative comments which as I understand it you can get removed if they do.

Is it a completely different colour or an interpretation of the shade?
  • POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Sellers can not leave negative feedback other than leaving a positive but with negative comments which as I understand it you can get removed if they do.

Is it a completely different colour or an interpretation of the shade?

It is cream but states Khaki. The reason i am annoyed is this skirt is still in the shops and they sell it in cream,khaki and black. I wanted it in khaki and from the picture it was hard to tell. I suppose i should have checked but it did state khaki. Also it is bnwt but i cannot sell it on like that as it is marked from the mail and will have to be washed.
  • DiiFMaritime
    DiiFMaritime Posts: 442
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2011 at 4:51PM
    mickeymad wrote: »
    Just after a bit of advice regarding leaving feedback. I recieved an item of clothing off ebay today which is a totally different colour to stated. Also the packaging was just a paper envelope which was ripped and the clothing was dirty because of it. I contacted the seller who is not interested and has sent 3 shirty emails telling me i am wrong regards colour and to take up the damaged packaging with the RM. They charged £4 postage and it cost £2.36 to post. They also state that i only paid for economy delivery but i thought that meant the postal service not the packaging. Anyway the last email says to just leave what feedback i feel is appropriate and they will do the same. I am going to leave aneatral or neg and think they will leave me a neg if i do. How will a neg affect me? I only have a feedback score of 104. Just wondering if its worth the hassle. I paid about £7 for the item.

The key question here is do you still want to keep the item? If you don't then you can ask for a refund with the reason that item not as described.

If you do then well, if you leave a neg for them then it could discourage other people from buying from the seller. This seller seems quite unprofessional in that they charge more than they should for P&P and seems rather rude to me. :mad:
  • Given the seller misrepresented the item I would ask for a refund
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2011 at 4:54PM
    mickeymad wrote: »
    It is cream but states Khaki. The reason i am annoyed is this skirt is still in the shops and they sell it in cream,khaki and black. I wanted it in khaki and from the picture it was hard to tell. I suppose i should have checked but it did state khaki. Also it is bnwt but i cannot sell it on like that as it is marked from the mail and will have to be washed.

If the item is 'not as described' you can go through Ebay resolution centre
    if you do not get satisfaction from the seller.

Just click on help on Ebay it is all explained on there.

If you just want to keep it and give them a neg you can do that. As I said they cannot neg you it is against Ebay policy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure