IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

advice needed please...

hello, this is my first visit here as i do not know where else to turn to.
i moved house in jan '10 and changed my address with all companies etc, well i thought i had until i bought my road tax that expired in dec '10, i bought this online and it didnt arrive, i then rang the DVLA and told them and we checked addresses and it turned out that i had not informed them that i had moved, this was a complete mistake, i looked at my log book and i had filled it in , i just hadnt sent it off, i probably didnt have an envelope to hand and i just put it to one side, and life took over and i forgot all about it. i contacted the people that had moved into my new house and they hadnt recieved it so i got a duplicate issued from the DVLA.

well today i got a phone call from the people in my old house that a Baliff is coming this weekend to recover monies from 2 outstanding parking tickets, from my parking out side my new house, i was on the kerb, which as im on a speed bump, isnt really a 'kerb' if you seee what i mean... i never had a ticket on my car- a smart car with a camera had taken a photo of my car parked like this on 2 seperate occassions, the new occupiers of my old house have not forwarded any mail, or informed me of this until today and the 2 fines have now risen from £60 each to over £700.00 and i feel so sick, if i had a parking i would have paid it straight away, is there anything i can do? im on my own with 4 children, my youngest has just started school so i am not back in employment yet. i really dont know what to do i cannot afford £700.00 + and i said i could giove him £20 today and he said i have to give him a reasonable offer of he will take my car, im in tears, thank you for reading, if you have got this far.

Thank you

Comments

• Best advice is to go to pepipoo.com with copies of all paperwork, all sides with writing on and first remove identifying bits. Anything. More details on bailiffs would help. QUICK.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Hello all, just an update, i heard from the court today and all charges have been dropped, and reverted back to the original penalty charge notice.

Thanks for your help !

x
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    mollymoo45 wrote: »
    Hello all, just an update, i heard from the court today and all charges have been dropped, and reverted back to the original penalty charge notice.

Thanks for your help !

x

Good news, shows the system can work! :T You did well!

You will appeal rather than just pay won't you? Most people win with pepipoo help!

Did you post there already to get help? If not here's a link for you to get advice on the appeal:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Good luck.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure