edited 20 July 2014 at 1:48AM in Praise, vent & warnings
37 replies 41.8K views

Replies

• mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    AdrianS wrote: »
    I was given a 3V Gift Card in late August 2012 and tried to activate it today. The response from 3V on their website was that activation has expired and the funds have been forfeited.

The card, which is a product of Rafaels Bank, has to be one of the most blatant rip-offs around. The charges are outrageous and unjustified. For example - and this is quoted from their website - it is "£3.50 to redeem the funds from your Gift Card to your bank account" and there's "a £2.00 service fee in the 9th, 10th and 11th month after purchase. If the balance is less than £2, the balance will be reduced to zero."

It is beggars belief that the bank is regulated by the FSA.

Does the card not have an expiry date?
  • AnnieO1234AnnieO1234 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Sorry but this surely comes down to recipients not reading the ins and outs. I love 3V for online shopping because it takes away the risk. Load what you want to spend and spend it. Done. Really good for music downloads and things of low individual value. X
  • AdrianSAdrianS Forumite
    11 Posts
    Does the card not have an expiry date?

No, it is 3V Internet Shopping Gift Card which has to be activated before an expiry date is given. What's happened I think is the person who gave it me bought it in July 2012 and the thing's expired.
  • consumaconsuma Forumite
    95 Posts
    I thought 3v would be the answer for me until I read this forum, but obviously there are lots of problems with it, not least that you cannot find it anywhere and nobody has heard of it (how do they make any money?) I have been using IDT Prime, but find it annoying to pay extra 50p to £1 on every transaction. So what is the best online option?
  • AdrianSAdrianS Forumite
    11 Posts
    consuma wrote: »
    So what is the best online option?
    A PaySafe Card. It's actually a voucher (e-money) and can be bought over the counter in many supermarkets through their PayPoint machine.

Hope this helps.
  • I will try this, but I think I have a memory of asking for this in many outlets last year and nobody had heard of it.
  • consumaconsuma Forumite
    95 Posts
    Yes, that was the paysafecard. Nobody had heard of it.
    Back to IDT prime then. No wonder their charges are high, they have no competition.
  • If you get one of these cards as a present (I did) I suggest doing what I did.

Go to highstreetvouchers.com and purchase gift vouchers with it, you now have a long lasting voucher which you can use on the high street, nearly as good as cash and no fees. Also an easy way to use the exact balance.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Hello
    I can't active 3v code
    We are unable to complete your voucher registration at the moment due to a technical update. Please contact our 3V Visa line at 0870 735 2933 or
    email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Please ensure to have your voucher information ready when contacting us. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please help me..
    [email protected]
    Liliet Heredero
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello
    I can't active 3v code
    We are unable to complete your voucher registration at the moment due to a technical update. Please contact our 3V Visa line at 0870 735 2933 or
    email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Please ensure to have your voucher information ready when contacting us. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please help me..
    [email protected]
    Liliet Heredero
    Have you telephoned them?

What did they say?

Not a good idea to have posted your email address.
    As a result, expect lots of spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals