AMEX cashback rejected

Hi Fellow moneysavers.
Apologise in advance if I have brought up somethng that has been done many times before-doing this after eons....
I cranked up a £75 as a 5% cashback total with AMEX in the first 3 months-then didnt use the card much for the rest of the year but used other cashback card I had. Called up today to find that my cashback has been forfeited as total spend in the year was not £3000 :(
Is it just me or has anyone else missed reading the tiny print about the maximum spend? There seem to be a big noise about everything else in their advertising material.
Thanks

Comments

• catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    Yep, £3000 minimum spend threshold
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 February 2011 at 2:18PM
    Important information

1. No rebate is payable in any month in which the minimum payment is not received by the due date. The minimum amount you must pay us each month will be the greater of £25 (or the total amount owing if less) or the sum of: 2% of the principal amount owing; interest; default fees; repayment protection insurance, overdue amounts and 1/12th of any annual fees or the full monthly fee (if applicable to the product you hold). No rebate is payable on Cash Withdrawals, interest, fees, Balance Transfers, amounts subsequently re-credited to your account due to refunds, or expenditure in any one month exceeding the amount of your Credit Limit. No rebate is payable if you end the agreement before the relevant Card Anniversary Date or if, in the 12 months preceding your Card Anniversary Date, the aggregate amount of all transactions (other than Cash Withdrawals and Balance Transfers) totals less than £3,000.
    It's very clear to me and quite close to the bit that says IMPORTANT INFORMATION in bold.

Accept some responsibility for not reading it rather than trying to put the blame elsewhere.
  • Judith_W
    Judith_W Posts: 754 Forumite
    I'm sure it even says it when you go to the cashback section online...
  • My Airmiles card has a big bit saying "You have spent £5000. You need to spend another £5000 of your £10000 qualifying spend by 12/12/12"
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    I presume thats to earn a companion ticket?
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • indeed. I just though maybe there was a similar "hint" for the cashbackers too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure