Unemployed

Options
Which credit cards don't ask about income? - inparticular the Egg Money card account.

Between jobs for a while so plenty of time to stooze!

- or should I wait until I've been in a job for x amount of time?

Please don't guess an answer but if you have supporting evidence, yes please!
Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jago25_98 wrote:
    Which credit cards don't ask about income? - inparticular the Egg Money card account.

Between jobs for a while so plenty of time to stooze!
    Then you presumably have plenty of time to start (but not complete) various online applications to find out?
    - or should I wait until I've been in a job for x amount of time?
    You'll probably still lose points for anything below 2-3 years with your current employer.
    Please don't guess an answer but if you have supporting evidence, yes please!
    The M&S paper applications (from store) only ask for household income - or at least they did earlier this autumn. Do you have a spouse with an income?
  • jago25_98
    Options
    Thanks, useful info.

I've never been lucky enough to not be made redundant for 2 years so I guess I'm out of luck there.

I thought applying for credit kicked off the process but it seems that it doesn't start until you complete the forms.

I will remember the m&s income trick for the future.
    Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jago25_98 wrote:
    I thought applying for credit kicked off the process but it seems that it doesn't start until you complete the forms.
    I'm not sure if each page is 'captured' as you go through the application, or whether it's processed only when you hit 'submit'. For that reason, I'd recommend using an alias! ;)
  • si1503
    si1503 Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    I too am a low income earner (full-time student). My loans/grants total around £5k per year, with a bit of extra support from home. However household income should be sufficient for most. Aside from the M&S (which I will look into) are there any other credit cards available to me with 0% BTs/Purchases that I could stooze on?

Also, a bit of a newbie question this. If a card for example is 0% BTs for 6 months, if I say transfer £2k into savings, do I then have to pay interest on that £2k at the monthly interest rate on the card, or because it was a BT is that a 0% rate for those first 6 months? So the interest rates for BTs and Purchases are different? So for fast stoozing 0% BTs are preferred?

I was always under the impression that the main (purchases) interest rate was paid on the total remaining balance each month, but if this was the case, how could people stooze on a 0% BT card if it still charges for purchases?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure