Is IVA right for me

Hi
This is my first post so thank you in advance for any advise.

I have got myself into a financial mess and after many months of robbing Peter to pay Paul, i have reached the point of throwing in the towel so to speak.
I have a bank loan of £15,000 which I have never missed a payment.
I now have an overdraft of £1000 with the same bank.
I have a credit card with a balance of £5,100.
I owe the tax man £16,000 and they have just issued court documents to me. The unpaid tax is due to the failure of my self employed work and has built up over the last three years. I am now in PAYE employment and was trying to arrange a repayment schedule with HM revenue & Tax but could not afford what they were asking for. Would this be included in an IVA?
I have spoke with Debt Free direct but I am so worried about the whole thing. Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• TillyGT wrote: »
    Hi
    This is my first post so thank you in advance for any advise.

I have got myself into a financial mess and after many months of robbing Peter to pay Paul, i have reached the point of throwing in the towel so to speak.
    I have a bank loan of £15,000 which I have never missed a payment.
    I now have an overdraft of £1000 with the same bank.
    I have a credit card with a balance of £5,100.
    I owe the tax man £16,000 and they have just issued court documents to me. The unpaid tax is due to the failure of my self employed work and has built up over the last three years. I am now in PAYE employment and was trying to arrange a repayment schedule with HM revenue & Tax but could not afford what they were asking for. Would this be included in an IVA?
    I have spoke with Debt Free direct but I am so worried about the whole thing. Any advise would be appreciated.

Is there anyone out there????
  • Hi. The HMRC involvement is one that needs professional advice. I would suggest you pop over to https://www.iva.com and get some IP company details from there ( there are reviews too) and have a word with a couple of companies to see who you feel more comfortable with and compare advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure