IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPC not in marked bay charge notice

Hi everyone, my 1st post on here. I parked in a private car park today and got a ticket for parking outside of a marked bay. When I entered the car park I parked between 2 cars with another row of cars in front of me (I was surrounded on 3 sides by cars).
This is an area in the car park that I have parked in numerous times and if you look at google earth you can see quite clearly it used to be a marked bay.

the crucial thing is that it is no longer a marked bay, the car park surface has deteriorated to such an extent that most of the bays are poorly marked if at all. there are also large swathes where trenches have been dug and backfilled, making it even harder to tell where the bays are.

I purchased a ticket (which I have) for the duration of my stay, £1.50 for 2 hours and displayed it in the windscreen, but im now expected to pay a £100 pound fine. at most I was blocking access to 2 parking bays (which themselves used to be a non parking area) so for the 2 hours I was parked possible lost earnings for the carpark owners was in the region of £3.

What is the legality of the charge when the bays are not clearly marked

and

What is the legality of the amount, £100 seems rather high?

I can't post pictures, although I do have photos of the carpark, google earth snapshots and photos of the ticket with my personal info erased

I only earn £165 a week so any advice that will help with this ticket will be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance - James :(

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just ignore these clowns, you don't owe them a penny. Don't correspond with them and ignore all correspondence from them. For further reassurance please read all the other threads on here that deal with private parking tickets. Could you tell us the name of this particular parking company as we like to name and shame them. And, by the way, it's not a "fine", it's an invoice.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • jamesfitzmaurice
    jamesfitzmaurice Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 February 2011 at 7:52PM
    Hi, thanks for the reply, the "invoice" was from PPS - Premier parking solutions and the car park was in the grounds of a derelict hospital in exeter (hence the rubbish surfacing) :beer: I looked at the stickies at the top and several other forums but the more I read the more confused I got....I'll ignore any further correspondence from them if that's the best way forward...
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Hi, thanks for the reply, the "invoice" was from PPS - Premier parking solutions and the car park was in the grounds of a derelict hospital in exeter (hence the rubbish surfacing) :beer:

Premier Parking Scammers are well known on here, ignore their invoice, they have no hope in hell of winning in court if it ever went there, you paid for parking, they would have to demonstrate how they lost £100 in the two hours you were there, plus prove that this was not a penalty.

So the advice is to ignore everything you get, it will go no further than junk mail.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure