Options
2»

Comments

• chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fogy101 wrote: »
    Ok finally found out what was problem. Was my own fault as i was struggling with the charges for going over each month and didnt keep up they took it off me. Still annoyed they didnt inform me, but hey ho.

Got another question, i got a meeting with the bank tomorrow to discuss my options as they have took the overdraft off and my full months wage gone with, so i have £0 to pay bills etc with. So i am wondering if thr bank would help me in this situation. I earn a good wage each month and can afford repayments on a loan that will be used to clear debts with RBS themselves.

Anyone had experiences like this and know if RBS would help me?

My concern would be that the effects of the overdraft being removed would be a loan being declined.
  • yummum24
    yummum24 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    It's a shame this has happened, but most banks should be able to affer you some sort of re payment plan on the bank account itself without the need for a loan. Ask if they will do a reducing overdraft or monthy re payment scheme. the reducing overdraft is probably the best option as you can still then use the account whilst paying back the overdraft. good luck!
    :beer: Live well laugh often, love much.

1 overdraft with Santander paid off, credit card almost gone, 1 overdraft that has been halved!! V chuffed with myself!!! :T
  • Pinkruth
    Pinkruth Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    When you have your meeting you need to tell them they should have notified you they were going to this. My fear is they will probably be a little reluctant to give you a loan as they have just taken your overdraft away as you were struggling with it.

Good luck, hope you sort it out as it is a little harsh to leave you with nothing, but they are a business and trying to protect themselves.
    :j:):jI am a bankruptcy survivour (10 years ago). It does get easier.:j:):j
    :hello:
  • sophia-abigail-mummy
    Options
    Hi, I had this happen nearly a year ago now wages had just gone in and they took OD away without notice leaving me with nothing. I phoned them and said there was no way i would be able to get through a month without my wages and is there anything they can do they agreed to reinstate OD with a reducing overdraft, reducing it by £100 a month. It gave me the kick up to bum to tighten belt and clear debts I cleared OD within six months.
    I rang the bank to stop the reducing facility as now cleared which they did but then two weeks later then send a letter saying they are reinstating OD permantly to £1500, £200 more than before. (how stupid is that I now dont ever use it)
    HTH
    Clare
    Two months minimum bills 57%

Debt total April 2010 £7962.28 DEBT FREE March 2012 100% cleared :T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business