March 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 February 2011 at 1:01AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.5K replies 168K views

Replies

• edited 10 March 2011 at 7:05PM
    helen_jellyhelen_jelly Forumite
    3K Posts
    edited 10 March 2011 at 7:05PM
    Sistercas Thanks for asking - all is going ok here, kiddies are doing ok, Mum is struggling but I spend time with her every day and try to get her out and about, we are having the ashes buried on Tuesday so that will be a hard day, just me and Mum doing it as thats all she wants. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you about your job, do they work on a "first in, first out policy" if so maybe you could work out who would go first - hope you are safe although its sad that another person will loose their job!! But I'm thinking of you and hoping that you are safe [what a lot of waffling hehe]

Martafdz - mine was thick too, infact I didn't think it would work but it did, I'm making another tonight as we have alot of apples and some are going crinkly, hope you like it

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • freakyogrefreakyogre Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    30p on a KitKat at work yesterday.

99p on some leeks at Lidl today.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • cat_smithcat_smith Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ooooh. DH taking me out to dinner for a treat tonight so Oxtail will wait for tomorrow:rotfl:
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • edited 10 March 2011 at 8:21PM
    rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 March 2011 at 8:21PM
    tigerfeet, I've added your Bacon and Veg Risotto and Peanut Butter Cookies recipes to the index :beer:
    its useful to see so much good feedback on our recipes :T

cat_smith lucky you, enjoy your meal out - and no washing up :D

Spigs hug.gif and Helen hug.gif

sistercas crossfingers.gif for your job
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just had the yummiest tea :) good job i made extra for lunchs tho cause my mum and 2 bro's turned up :) suprising how far you can strech food
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • M0neysav3rM0neysav3r Forumite
    237 Posts
    YUM YUM YUM YUM YUMmmmmmmmm - We've just had sweet and sour chicken balls from the front page recipe - DELICIOUS! (if i may say so!) DH is addicted to these from the chinese so I was sure i'd be told how rubbish mine were on comparison...... how wrong i was, it was yummy!
    Home made sweet and sour sauce and HM batter (can i freeze batter btw?)
    Highly recommended if you haven't tried them ;)

Top moneysaving too as most of the ingredients were store cupboard :D

Only downside is my house now stinks due to the frying :o ANy tips on how to get rid of the pong?
    :j No Debts (Other than HUGE mortgage! :eek: )
    Generally trying to cut back where possible :j
    GC - March £143.82 / £200 Feb £156.03 / £150 Oops! Jan £180.78/£200:D
  • tigerfeet2006tigerfeet2006 Forumite
    14K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rosieben wrote: »
    tigerfeet, I've added your Bacon and Veg Risotto and Peanut Butter Cookies recipes to the index :beer:
    its useful to see so much good feedback on our recipes :T

cat_smith lucky you, enjoy your meal out - and no washing up :D

Spigs hug.gif and Helen hug.gif

sistercas crossfingers.gif for your job

Cor! thank you very much. That was a surprise, didn't expect that.

I've just taken the frozen mince off my shopping list and changed it to normal mince. It was 3 for £10 which has pushed my bill up to £89 but at least I have some for meals other weeks.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • PinwheelPinwheel Forumite
    63 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello
    Just updated signature, £6.90 spent in L**l on milk, blueberries, bananas, cucumber, peppercorns, mozzerella and apples. Talking of apples thank you Hippeechiq and Spiggle for your replies about apples. I am going to take your advice Spiggle and try the market on Saturday, I'll report back!
    My thoughts are with everyone who is struggling at the moment.
    PWx
    Oct GC £36.72/£220.00
    Sep GC £223.58/£220.00
    Aug GC £200/£200
    Jun GC £192.73/££220 - Jul GC £296.88/£220
    Apr GC £230.40/£200 - May GC £230.40/£220 -
    Feb GC £200.19/£200 - Mar GC £203.37/£200 -
  • Just finished another 4 week cycle £158.34/£180.00. I carried £10 over last period and £20 over this period so I have extra for a Butchers shop next period.My total year to date is:

£526.75/£2560.00
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • :grouphug:to all those who need.

Had a spend of £2 on a multipack of crisps and some factory spoils chocolate. (sig updated)

Well its getting to that time in the month where im starting to think will i make it till the end still in budget! got £20 left of the budget but effectivily got lots of storecupboard items and stuff in the freezer. Have just tried the bacon and onion duplings recipe so Thankyou to whoever posted that it was very yummy using very little ingrediants! but it really wont do my waist line much good as well as the homemade cakes etc!

Never mind once the debt is gone i can afford to join a gym again!:rotfl:

Must get Dog food or else he might try and eat my arm or a table leg or something.... so probably more like £10 for the rest of the mnth :o. Must stay away from chocolate!:(
    HSBC [STRIKE]£3223.20[/STRIKE] £2060.00
    Cap1 [STRIKE]£1724.91[/STRIKE] £1782.00
    OD [STRIKE]£939.78[/STRIKE] £200.00
    No 49 of £2012 in 2012.. £645.10 so far & Crazy Clothes £14.09/£100.00 ReducingtheToiletryStash2012 UU12/IN 20 March Grocery 0.00/£65.00 & LbsNot£s Lost 14Lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals