CTF discussion area

Options

Comments

• mistral_2
    mistral_2 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Yes the forresters are a friendly society and have been around for ages , just watch out for the charges applied
    'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
  • lost_2
    lost_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Thanx, as far as i am aware the charges are capped at 1.5%
  • lost_2
    Options
    BTW how would i compare CSI against Forresters?? any tips
  • davidjwest
    davidjwest Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    lost wrote:
    BTW how would i compare CSI against Forresters?? any tips

Who are CSI?

Which For(r)esters? Foresters

Forresters

Confused yet?

Charges are only capped at 1.5% on stakeholder CTFs so be careful!
    :A
  • lost_2
    Options
    No not just yet!

Sorry my bad, youre right it is FoResters (just the one R!!)

CIS = Co-op Insurance Society (along with Childrens Mutual offer an ethical investment CTF)

Hope this helps you (so in turn you can help me!!!)
  • davidjwest
    Options
    OK here goes, I've posted the main features from each site, if it's in quotes then it's directly quoted from the relevant website.

Foresters (Teddy Trust)

"Guaranteed Security

All the money invested in a TeddyTrust CTF is safe. We guarantee to at least give the child all of the money that has been saved by the time they are 18."

It's a "with profits" fund.

No mention of charges on the site from what I can see so pack requested.

Childrens Mutual (Baby Bond) - I'm assuming you are looking at the non-stakeholder option?

Choice of 4 funds,

Charges - "Q4. What are the charges? What do they cover?
    A. Our charges cover all routine and management expenses. These will slightly reduce the value of the account. Charges differ slightly between funds."

Hmm, not exactly very forthcoming and I can't find the exact charges on the site, I've requested an info pack.

So the jury is out as neither site is forthcoming with charges info, unless I've missed it - maybe we should lobby the FSA to make companies more transparent about their charges? It's quite a common them that the charges are either not on the site or confusing.

On the face of it, without the full details, the Foresters Teddy Trust looks better if you are risk averse, but I' not a qualified IFA etc etc etc.

And I've not got enough info to make an informed decision, it's just my initial thought.

Anyone else?
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone actually made a decision and opened an account yet? :confused:
  • davidjwest
    Options
    Yes, some people have, not me, I plan on making my decision this week and will keep you informed.

Still waiting some product information from the slower providers, but I've decided on giving them until the end of this week to post me the stuff!
  • lost_2
    Options
    Halifax claim that their Halifax ftse 100 tracker ctf is ethical??? anyone????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure