Replacement for HEES grant....

in Wales
1 reply 738 views
paulfoelpaulfoel Forumite
5.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
My MIL is a pensioner who lives in a house with no central heating. We recently applied for pension/council tax credit and she got awarded it with a view to claiming the HEES grant for her to have central heating fitted.

Unfortunately, it looks like that has ended to be replaced by a new fuel poverty grant in April.

Any ideas if the selection criteria will be the same for this (i.e. receipt of means-tested benefit)?
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j


  • 0302224203022242 Forumite
    349 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ask your local "health through warmth" coordinator, they should know, there are a couple of areas in wales...even if its not local just phone them up and ask them, they may be based in your local council
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools