Norwich & Peterborough, Do you have one?

Options
I have applied for this card and have had a phone call asking me to send 3 months pay slips and 3 months bank statements (not photocopies). I haven't had this before, is it normal fot them to ask for these, I don't mind the payslips so much, I have nothing to hide but I am worried about sending bank statements from a security aspect. (I have often been ask by my bank to state standing order / DD amounts when confirming my identity with them)

Am I over reacting, shall I just send the Info.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Michelle

Comments

• maple41
    maple41 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    I applied a couple of months ago online and was accepted immediately. I didn't have to send any docs or id, but have been an account holder with them for a number of years. Personally, I wouldn't send originals. Not worth the hassle if things get lost.
  • ballandchain_2
    Options
    hi there

i hae not had a cc with this company, but due to fact i used to live in norwich had a current act with them, i then moved to belfast.. problems started there,

they are completely rubbish to put it in its mildest form

good luck !!
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    My wife has just applied one and just waiting for her card. No other requirements needed probably as she hold an account with halifax.
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Michelle. The N&P card is operated by Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) - a very reputable bank and major credit card issuer. I have an HBOS branded card and the N&P card. They did not ask me for the additional information but I have been a customer for a while.

Asking for 3 months bank statements is not unheard of by any means. I know that Co-op Financial Services do this quite often. In fact, I had to send that off to them a couple of years ago. It would suggest to me that one of the following is going on...

1. They just want proof of your earnings

and/or

2. They want the above and to also see what your regular commitments and outgoings are.

Your application has been passed to an underwriter to make a manual assessment of your creditworthiness which is not uncommon. It means that the automated credit scoring programmes did not have sufficient information to either accept or reject your application so they need a human being to look at it. Co-op let me fax my 3 months statements to them and they destroyed them as soon as they had checked through them ... and they gave me a £15K credit limit :)

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • chalky_bertie
    Options
    Yes thanks.

Applied online and got my credit limit immediately after finishing the online form. Just got bill this morning. No problems so far. Did not have to send any paperworkl in.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • asandwhen
    asandwhen Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Options
    I had this recently when applying for an amazon credit card (run by the same people as n&p) I sent the statements by recorded delivery and they sent them back within a week along with my new amazon credit card with £7000 limit - They told me that as I hadnt had any dealings with halifax before they just wanted to look over my bank statements it doesnt have anything to do with your credit rating.
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They told me that as I hadnt had any dealings with halifax before they just wanted to look over my bank statements it doesnt have anything to do with your credit rating.
    It means that their automated processes could not make an assessment and they need someone to look at it manually. This could be to check your outgoings as part of credit scoring. It could also have something to do with the Know Your Customer (KYC) legislation where banks have to show that they have checked your identity. I have never heard of someone having to send in bank statements for that reason, but it is possible.
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    They asked for proof of address from me because I had moved recently. Within a few days of sending they accepted my application.

I had a problem with their online application so did it over the phone.

Got a 7k limit which is almost double the Post Office card limit I was given. Been told a couple of days ago over the phone that there is a delay processing successful applications, could be a 10 day wait for my new card now.
  • asandwhen
    asandwhen Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Options
    yes i had recently moved to within 3 months.
  • shellyd_3
    Options
    Thank-you for allthe replies. My current account is with the halifax bank not sure if this is the same company, if so I have already give my bank details to them. I do not have any problems with credit scoring as far as i know, but I do have 5 credit cards on the go, but wanted to xfer 3 of them to n&p, so was asking for a big credit limit 10k, this is maybe why they want all the info as my others credit limits have all be 4k.

Thanks again

Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family