Lovefilm - feel conned

Options
Hello

I signed up for free trial for 30 days. Gave me various options so went for unlimited. Thought why not as they are offering? Said i could change the package whenever I wanted.

Towards end of free trial, thought the unlimited was bit much for us so changed it allowing for 4 days beforehand as that's when direct debits start taking. Next day they debit the money from my account. Firstly, I have not had the full 30 day trial and did not expect to pay first instalment before the end of that.

They have now told me it's not 30 days unlimited but 30 days or 3 films, whichever comes first. This is very misleading as can not recall it saying this when we signed up. In fact it gave us options for the free trial in terms of how many films you could have.

I know it was free but it's the misleading I don't like. Grrrrr.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Please note that any change to your subscription package or your delivery address details (including your postcode) during any free trial period, will result in the termination of the free trial and the start of your regular billing as described in this clause 4 (Free Trial).

Seems to cover your situation?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ManicMum
    Options
    hmm, yes thanks for that. I think it should be made clearer. It is misleading the way they sell it to you. Anyway, won't bang on anymore because not a major situation. I just like transparency not things buried in small print.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure