Q&A with Work and Pensions Minister Maria Miller on child support changes

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Rustic100
    Rustic100 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was a disappointed that the 10 questions answered read more like a press release than specific answers to questions.

Having said that it has given everyone chance to air views and who is to say that some points will not influence the changes.

MSE wendy or anyone, what happens next? do these changes have to be discussed in parliment, House of Lords? Will all part of new acts be brought in to law? when will changes actually be in force?
  • claire1234
    claire1234 Posts: 693 Forumite
    Options
    Rustic100 wrote: »
    I was a disappointed that the 10 questions answered read more like a press release than specific answers to questions.

Having said that it has given everyone chance to air views and who is to say that some points will not influence the changes.

MSE wendy or anyone, what happens next? do these changes have to be discussed in parliment, House of Lords? Will all part of new acts be brought in to law? when will changes actually be in force?

hiya,

sorry to bump this thread up but i just wanted to quote the above and see if anyone knew the answers to the questions above?

thanks in advance claire.
  • RedSky
    RedSky Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    It was only a Consultation Paper so a report summarising the responses is next according to the link at the bottom of http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2011/strengthening-families.shtml . We will have to see if that gives more clues as to what happens next.
  • PreludeForTimeFeelers
    Options
    The Government's response to the Green Paper has now been published;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2011/strengthening-families.shtml
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business