Hayle sands

Options
We have been going to hayle for years and the beaches are just beautiful miles of golden sands are we are again booked to return in the summer last there begininng of july, but have seen on a couple of other sites about beach being ruined:eek: when we were last there the hub was being constucted .:eek:is anyone local can you say what is going on :eek: .

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can you say more about this?

We've been going to the St Ives Bay resort in Upton Towans for years and was about to book for this year.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This is from June 2010;-
    “Over the next two weeks beach users at Hayle are going to see various bits of plant and machinery at the top of the beach while the beach pit is constructed. Later this summer, once all the cables have been connected together in the pit, it will be filled in again and the sheet piling will be removed, so you’ll never know we were there.”

http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com/view/10297/wave-hub-beach-pit-construction-starts/

Hopefully, nothing to worry about.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • goodgirl80
    Options
    I was there in October and didn't notice anything
  • julesmby
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Can you say more about this?

We've been going to the St Ives Bay resort in Upton Towans for years and was about to book for this year.

First saw on tripadvisor, someone had posted about beach devastaion,!!then have just seen a face book group save our sands . it seems to be saying that erosion of the dunes due to dredging of the sand and selling it, it seems from the pics to affect the paths aalong from the bluff towards the estuary and that part of the beach. and by harveys towens ,this is a great area just wanted to hear from any one close by or who had been recently, we are still going and looking forward to it :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure