2 months TalkTalk line rental refund?

Options
Hi all,
I signed up to line rental from TalkTalk almost 1 year ago. At the time I'm sure I saw some information stating that 2 months line rental would be refunded if I stayed with them for 12 months. I can't find any mention of this on the web and seem to have misplaced the piece of paper I had with all the information.
Can anyone reassure me that I didn't imagine it all? I just thought I'd ask here before I contact TalkTalk to check the money will be coming back to me.
Thanks

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I have no idea if there was such an offer but if so I would assume it would only kick in on month 13 and 14 as you would have to complete the 12 month contract :confused:
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    I vaguely remember something about free linerental but with regards to what it was, I can't remember.

What I do with any such offers from any company, is to print-off the relevant offer and its associated t&c from the company website, etc.

This is obviously so I can remember fully what it was and on the occasions where I would need to 'remind' the company concerned as some companies conveniently 'forget' to honour any such offer.
  • AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I remember having something in writing. I've had had another look for it and it looks like I've tidied it away rather too well at some point.
    I'll wait until the 12 months are up, see if anything happens then contact TalkTalk and report back here.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    AHAR wrote:
    I remember having something in writing. I've had had another look for it and it looks like I've tidied it away rather too well at some point.
    Oh yea, I've done that before. I sometimes put things in a real "safe and secure location" which sometimes are that safe and secure that I don't know where I put them. :rotfl:
  • itsarichmansworld
    Options
    Your right you are entiltled to it

Call talk talk I know for a fact they are sending out cheques just now....
    Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?
  • AHAR
    Options
    I phoned customer services but they didn't know anything about that offer. I've emailed them to ask whether the offer existed or not.

Has anyone got any information about this offer in writing?
    Thanks
  • AHAR
    Options
    No response from Talk Talk...
    I'm no longer one of their customers. Toucan's line rental only package is £2 cheaper than I was paying and I'll also get £16 cashback via Quidco's uSwitch referal.;)

Bye Bye Talk Talk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport