Does anyone know of a discount for Hamerton Zoo?

Options
We want to go with the kids to Hamerton Zoo tomorrow and were wondering if anyone knows of any discount vouchers. I know our local Sainsbugs always has a rack of leaflets with maybe 2 for 1 offers, or free child entry. As we are not from the Cambridge area, I was wondering if it is worth popping into a local store in that area to see if there are any around. Have looked but can't find anything online.
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• brudie25
    Options
    There is a 10% discount voucher on their own website - I do warn you there isn't much shelter if its raining!! Its great when the suns out though. I've been here a number of times and always have a great time. Don;t expect lots of different animals there arent really many big ones there!
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Would you go there or Linton zoo? We were looking at Shepreth, but it's not open on Tuesdays and wed is due for rain, so we have to go today. Has anyone been to Linton?
    Thanks, found the 10% discount voucher. I'd thought it was just for big groups, hadn't read it right!
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • Reggie_Rebel
    Options
    Hamerton's great with small children (to be honest my two still like it and they are 13 & 9). Lots and lots of lemurs and monkeys. Look out for the one legged gibbon as well
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    TBH, we went yesterday but wouldn't go back. I think if it was on a really dry day it would be ok, but one of the big attractions that we had been told about was the great play area. It was waterlogged and we were up to our ankles in muck! All the pieces of equipment had a huge muddy puddle around them. We just found it wasn't great compared to other zoos we have been to. At least we just paid £25.20 for the 4 of us to get in. ( Prices due to go up on 1st March 2011).
    The animals are good, beautiful owls, but we didn't see any animal feeding or keeper talks. There may have been, but there was no info up anywhere, you had to buy a brochure for about £2.50 which may have had info about that in there. Every other zoo we have ever been to, would at least give a free map and keeper talk times. Not that you would need a map there........ you could walk round and see it all within about half an hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport