Brighton

Options
DD has an interview at the University of Brighton in April. I'm going down with her from the north east and intend to make the most of an overnight stay so does anybody know:

Best place to stay/ eat etc. ?
Things to do for the evening/ day?
Places/ areas to avoid?

Any you would care to tell me really.
LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
"The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints

Comments

• twisted
    Options
    Hi there!
    we live very close to Brighton, and it really does depend what you like!
    Brighton is a very liberal city, very large and a very funky, young, thriving atmosphere about it. It caters for every type of person there is!
    Lots of B&B's about, plenty by the seafront too, but do be careful of parking near the city centre which is a big problem, lots of car towing.
    The university is on the outskirts of the city, so you don't actually need to enter into the city if you prefer peace and quiet.
    If you would like me to track down some pubs b&bs nearby I can do so, we pass many when we go out and about, but don't really take much notice of them as we live here! lol!
    Hope that is of some help for you. ;)
  • claire111
    Options
    Hi

Are you driving down ? If so, choose somewhere with free parking and easy access to public transport as parking in Brighton center to do the touristy stuff is difficult and expensive. Otherwise choose somewhere with good access to Uni.

You musn't visit Brighton without doing 'The Lanes' (shops), if you are visiting on a weekend then a walk along the seafront is fun with lots of different stalls, I also really like the Italian restaurant on the beach http://www.alfresco-brighton.co.uk/ and I paricularly love visiting a small art shop http://www.artatfive.com/

These are from a mum's perspective though and your DD may well have a different agenda :)

Enjoy - more sunshine hours !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport