Mental Health and Debt Help Booklet Discussion

Comments

• Hi Martin,
    Thank you so much!!! I have just discovered your site and the Mental Health and Debt booklet, which I will print off and read. I’m sure that with my wife being diagnosed with bipolar 2 years ago, and getting credit cards without my knowledge, may have been the first steps towards our dismal financial position today. Maybe if I had paid more attention to what was going on then she may have not had 3 mini strokes in the past year which was and still is a traumatic time for her. Losing her job within the next few months isn’t helping, I only wish that the 3 spinal surgical operations I have had would have put me in a position to work and support my wife as a husband should be able too. I would happily give up my life tomorrow if I knew she would have a smile on her face once again.
  • Congratulations on this comprehensive booklet.
    I may have missed it, but it should be remembered that involving a solicitor in the payment of bills etc following the setting up of an enduring power of attorney is costly. Four hours a month with a provincial solicitor can amount to £10,000pa and lead to more despair.
  • I work for a university and was looking to order some of the printed copies of this book for National Student Money week. Would this be possible? If so, how can I order? It would be a quantity greater than 50 copies.

Thanks!

Craig
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    CraigNicol wrote: »
    I work for a university and was looking to order some of the printed copies of this book for National Student Money week. Would this be possible? If so, how can I order? It would be a quantity greater than 50 copies.

Thanks!

Craig
    MSE don't offer printed copies of the booklet. You can download the pdf and take it to your local print shop, they will be able to produce professionally printed versions at a reasonable price.
    poppy10
  • Thanks poppy10, I e-mailed MSE and they responded very quickly. We are looking into printing our own.

Thanks again!

Craig
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    I am unable to download this booklet, and maybe the question has already been answered, but is it possible for someone from mse to send me a copy, please?

I don't feel it will be of much use as there's no substitute for income, but its something to read, whilst i exist as a vegetable.
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • lilmofie84 wrote: »
    With regards to Mental Health problems how do you prove you have a problem and need help? I ask because even now after many years of suffering with depression I still find it hard to ask for help. I feel like I'm not depressed enough to be recognised as an individual who needs serious help but depressed enough for it to affect my day to day life. My doctor has made recommendations in the past for me to see a therapist and a counselor which I attended for a short while until things became too difficult to handle. I've been on and off anti-depressants after been told many times that it's not good to become reliant on them and as soon as I feel better I just stop taking them. I then go back to square one and the cycle continues...

Thank you, for being able to put in words how I have been feeling for 30 years!
    I thought it was me, that was being paranoid and that everything was in my head. To know someone else goes through the same thing is reassuring in a way. I don't mean to say that it;s reassuring that your suffering, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but I think you understand what I mean.

Thank you :(
    1p Savers Club £2.20 :)2013 Frugal Living Challenge :D Positive Steps Challenge :o Pay one debt ~ 2013 :mad: 20p savers club 2013 #127 - £4.20

Proud to be dealing with my debts
    approx £20,000
  • jago25_98
    jago25_98 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Bit unfortunate that the subconious mind doesn't see double negatives such as 'not' and 'un'.

You're not alone becomes you're alone!
    Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker
  • pink_boots
    pink_boots Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 December 2013 at 2:49PM
    I had the same experiance. I was told that I would just have to try and survive some how. I have clinical depression and alll the symptoms that come with it. I had to fill in a DLA form and went to CAB again to ask for help to fill in this hellish form. The so called helper looked at the form then loked at me and said I looked alright to him. So no form filled in. As you can imagine I plummeted down and even tried to commit suiside. You are promised help and when you ask for it, there is none.
  • My depression due to being pre symptomatic MND has caused me so many problems I have created us huge debts and do not know where to start
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure