Free Days Out Within One Hour Of Worcester

Options
I am unexpectedly having my six year old niece for two nights next week (half term). My home is not very exciting for a six year old. No toys, no garden, no sky tv. So in order to keep her entertained, I want to take her out for at least one of those days. However, she gets travel sick so can only go one hour maximum. We are near to Worcester. The only problem is, it must be free as I'm not working at the moment. Anything considered but she especially likes animals, so a little farm park or something would be good.

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• cavework
    cavework Posts: 1,992 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/naturecentre
    Its not free , but £3.50 for an adult and £1 for child.
    Also if you want completely free? have you thought of the Lickey Hills in Bromsgrove?
    I used to take my son up there with a picnic all the time when I lived in the area.
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tudor House museum in Friar street is free, open Wednesdays and Saturdays (I think). The Commandery in Sidbury is also free to Worcester residents ie those who pay council tax to Worcester council. Have a look at the web sites and see if you think she would be interested. There might be something going on for children next week as it's half term.
    If you have a car, Jinny Ring craft centre near Droitwich has nice gardens and a lake, there are usally a few animals there and some birds on the lake and they sometimes do glass blowing demonstrations. Also Webbs garden centre at Wychbold often does something for children in school holidays.
  • markandkate
    Options
    If you get the train/ bus to Birmingham there are loads of museums that are free. Birmingham Art gallery often has special events during the school holidays. If you googole Birmingham museums there are loads of places.

Alternatively a walk up Malvern Hills with superb views on a clear day.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Malvern Hills and Lickey Hills are good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts