"Want to buy my wallet? – I'm selling it on Sunday" blog discussion

Replies

• LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I don't do twitter etc., but I'll start the bidding at £25 (if it hasn't yet started).

Any links to the actual "bids/offers"??

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • tgroom57tgroom57 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I'd offer to donate mine, but it's seen too much action. And I agree with churchmouse.
  • edited 18 February 2011 at 6:34AM
    mehermeher
    15.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 February 2011 at 6:34AM
    mel12 wrote: »
    I'm all for helping oxfam but really not buying paypals attempt to look all fluffy after the wikileaks fiasco.
    In this case it wasn't paypal's decision in isolation; that was a manipulation by visa/matercard. They don't permit people to make payments using their cards towards wikileaks, through paypal.
  • CWCDiverCWCDiver Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    But that horrid looking wallet matches those vile looking shoes, you will look odd now without the pair.
    It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle cannot replace the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel.

The British Cavalry Manual 1907.
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Lynsey wrote: »
    I don't do twitter etc., but I'll start the bidding at £25 (if it hasn't yet started).

Any links to the actual "bids/offers"??

Lynsey

Not too sure how this was supposed to work - thought there was actual bidding?? It was up for only £19.99 (fixed price) when I found out how to navigate.
    Anyway, I'm now the proud owner of Martin's wallet. lol
    A little tweaking and adding a donation I managed to get this for my £25 offer (hubby's card). :j Gift aid should give this a small boost.

I hope there is a signed picture in there. ;)
    One day he might just make it and become a celeb. :D Could be a great investment then. :rotfl:

A small donation to a worthy cause (some of my savings made from this great site given back).

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • waqasahmedwaqasahmed Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know what this message says inside the wallet
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    waqasahmed wrote: »
    I want to know what this message says inside the wallet

I'm intrigued as well to see what his "money matras are", probably says "Don't waste money buying cheap wallets". :rotfl:

The "mantras" is what gives this prominence and I'm going to frame this (sad I know). I've got a small piece donated to Oxfam from the "Great Man" himself and the charity has benefited - winners all round.

Lynsey
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynsey - thansk so much for making your donation and buying the wallet. Let me know if you think anythings missing in there and we'll see what we can do :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Many thanks Martin, just a bit sorry it wasn't actually auctioned to perhaps raise a bit more.
    Again, this great site has saved and made me many, many pounds over the year due to yourself and it's fab members, so just a small (very small) token of my appreciation.

To be honest, I was very surprised to get it for only £25.................and if I had been more frugal it was available for only £19.99.
    A great cause and a little something for myself - which I'll treasure.

Again, many thanks to you Martin - looking forward to the next one.

Take care.

Lynsey
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mel12 wrote: »
    I'm all for helping oxfam but really not buying paypals attempt to look all fluffy after the wikileaks fiasco.

I highly doubt there is a connection between the two events. For a start, this would have taken a while to organise, and it's been going on for a while already (and I got an email about it in January).

And secondly, no-one cares about paypal stopping wikileaks donations anymore. Infact, I haven't heard anyone mention wikileaks full stop in weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides