"Daybreak confusion over pensions today – apology" blog discussion

edited 15 February 2011 at 12:09PM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
54 replies 7.2K views
12346»

Replies

• I'm sure nothing was intended to mislead, however as time has gone on, Martin now has an aura of celebrity rather than a money saver and maybe is a little less detailed is his work than he once was. It doesn't help when so many are rubbing the old ego no matter what.

People will come here, watch television, read the blog and will take what Martin says, through no fault of his own, as gospel.

I'm sure Martin has made alot of money since MSE started, which is fair enough, but all facts need to be given or he's guilty of mis-selling to the vulnerable amongst others, something which he's written about before on here.

So whilst he can enjoy his fame and fortune and the adoration of many a bored housewife, he still needs to remember not everyone is as financially clued up as he is.

Unless he fancies a career as Justin Bieber, only older.
  • Gorgeous_GeorgeGorgeous_George Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of fuss about nothing IMHO.

However, the media refer to Martin as the Money Saving Expert rather than as a journalist who runs the moneysavingexpert website. I reserve the 'expert' tag for experts.

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't be too hard on yourself Martin. Because of you a load of us are saving money. Because of you a load of us are supporting each other on this forum. And because of you a load of us got together and went down and sorted Mike's house for him.

B

(I'm sure someone will be along to point out I shouldn't start sentences with Because or And. But, hey I'm not perfect!) :D
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • I saw the video and I am an ex IFA. Nothing on there to get me excited. Surprised you aplogised Martin, perhaps on reflection you wouldn't have done.
    Keep up the good work. Those at home are far more important than all this. Sleep easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides