Travel Insurance for over 75's?

My Mum (76) is going abroad (Europe only) a couple of times this year and I believe an annual policy v 2 x individual trips will be cheaper?
She is in good health now and the only medication she takes are the cholesterol/blood pressure/aspirin tablets so common in many her age.
She had a heart attack about 6 years ago which left little, if any, residual damage and had a small tumour removed last year which needed no chemotherapy or radiotherapy and only has six monthly check ups to check for possible re-occurrence.
Anyone any experience in finding the best policy?
Thank you

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    As she's experienced problems with her heart, try the British Heart Foundation website for insurance.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Look at Martin's articles on Insurance, but be aware you're going to have to phone and declare her conditions, you won't be able to get accurate quotes online. However I've found that some conditions don't get held against us, because they haven't caused problems, eg DH has osteoporosis but has not broken a bone recently so they don't count that. Not sure what effect my new shoulder is going to have when we come to renew, but the good news is that I DON'T have osteoporosis!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport