CSA- Going self employed

Options

Comments

• PreludeForTimeFeelers
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I never knew that. Unbelievable!!

Yeah, the actual debt/maintenance is due to be paid by the NRP, so he or she remains liable for that debt.

If the employer have take the money but not sent it in, but are still in business, then there's a chance the CSA's Criminal Compliance team can make them hand it over...if the company have taken the money but then gone bust then the NRP would have to get in line with the others who the company owes money to.
  • speedster
    speedster Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    Options
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you're not allowed to say the PWC is greedy on here!!;)

they'll all be coming out of the coop and clucking away soon!!

as far as they're concerned, he should give up the 50k AND a big chunk of his salary until the kids are in their thirties.

i think i'm gonna open up a "blinker shop" i'd make a killing on here!! :rotfl:
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY'LL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

and, please. only thank when appropriate. not to boost idiots egos.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yeah, the actual debt/maintenance is due to be paid by the NRP, so he or she remains liable for that debt.

If the employer have take the money but not sent it in, but are still in business, then there's a chance the CSA's Criminal Compliance team can make them hand it over...if the company have taken the money but then gone bust then the NRP would have to get in line with the others who the company owes money to.

I think that is so very unfair and whoever made that rule deserves to be shot!
  • clearingout
    Options
    I think that is so very unfair and whoever made that rule deserves to be shot!

whilst I'm inclined to agree, the CSA has no idea if the employer is being....I don't know the word...complicit? with the employee. In other words, they can make the reduction via the payslip but give it to the employee cash in hand. No one is any the wiser.

My ex has a DEO on his earnings through his own business. He has never paid it. But his payslips show the deduction. The CSA have chased him - he's never in when they call. Very convenient!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    whilst I'm inclined to agree, the CSA has no idea if the employer is being....I don't know the word...complicit? with the employee. In other words, they can make the reduction via the payslip but give it to the employee cash in hand. No one is any the wiser.

My ex has a DEO on his earnings through his own business. He has never paid it. But his payslips show the deduction. The CSA have chased him - he's never in when they call. Very convenient!

The answer is easy. Don't collect it that way.

Collect it like any other payment, if it is not made then chase through court etc. and send in the bailiffs like any other debt.

In this case the employer went bust. Why should he have to pay again-totally outrageous IMHO
  • POPPYOSCAR
    edited 12 February 2011 at 11:47PM
    Options
    Cinders30 wrote: »
    I would just like to add that there are many people who go self employed with the main reason of avoiding making the CSA payments - that is not our reasoning, we want to make a better life for us all and that includes his children!

There seem to be too many people ready to jump down peoples throats as soon as they mention they cannot afford the meet the CSA payment. We know the children will not go without any more than they do now because their mother doesn't spend a penny on them unless you call feeding them super noodles and bacon sandwiches a high expense!

We have tried our hardest to get the business off the ground by NRP working 7 days a week but it is just not enough so we much make this next step in to full time. Very kindly my parents have offered to help us but as mentioned we will all need to go without for a short time.

I am not saying we are never going to pay, i am simply saying that the amount that was worked out on his employment is not going to acceptable when he is no longer earning that salary, we can pay a minimal amount and then after the 13 weeks when we have sent in the paperwork the CSA can work the new figure. I could just cancel the Direct debit and not pay a penny and ignore the CSA's letter like a lot of people do but again than is not what we wish to do.

There was an agreement in place but the NRP and the PWC cannot speak so there is no chance of another agreement being made. We are currently using solicitors to discuss the property in which they reside as in court PWC agreed she would buy out NRP share of the property if she co-habited or re-married!

She has co-habited for 2 years which we struggled to prove as her new partner bought a house which he was renting out and we were paying the mortgage on the matrimonial home! They then got married last April so we stopped paying the mortgage and another reason the PWC contacted the CSA we are still waiting for PWC and new husband to sort the situation of her breaking the agreement and them buying NRP out of the property.

There is £50,000 tied up in the property which is NRP and if they were to do honour the agreement PWC made in court then NRP would give her a chunk for the children or we would be able to continue to pay the current amount.

As i hope you will see SOME women simply want to destroy NRP lives, she told us that she wants us to suffer and she wants everything she can get. She also told us she wants our son to suffer - serious i hope you can see now what sort of woman we are dealing with. Too be honest i think we are more than reasonable as i really could be swayed to not pay her a penny!

I know one just like that.

"I will see you in the gutter"(because although I didn't want you and threw you out for the umpteenth time and when I wanted you to come back again and you had had enough and by this time found someone else and you would not come running back)
  • speedster
    speedster Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    Options
    mmmmmmmm. an all too familiar story.

my ex said , (in her actual words) "i'm gonna screw you for all i can get and destroy you, and if you lose your house, then all the better"

i was SE when i met her and hadn't long gone LTD when she did it.

she ended up on a fiver a week for 3 years. ;)

she obviously didn't need the money cos i kept my offer of a private agrement open during that time, but her pigheadedness wouldn't allow her to drop her pathetic quest to "destroy me"

the best advice i can give anyone, on either side of the fence, is to do your homework. learn the system and make it work for you.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY'LL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

and, please. only thank when appropriate. not to boost idiots egos.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    speedster wrote: »
    mmmmmmmm. an all too familiar story.

my ex said , (in her actual words) "i'm gonna screw you for all i can get and destroy you, and if you lose your house, then all the better"

i was SE when i met her and hadn't long gone LTD when she did it.

she ended up on a fiver a week for 3 years. ;)

she obviously didn't need the money cos i kept my offer of a private agrement open during that time, but her pigheadedness wouldn't allow her to drop her pathetic quest to "destroy me"

the best advice i can give anyone, on either side of the fence, is to do your homework. learn the system and make it work for you.

This seems to be fairly typical and unfortunately ends up punishing the children and in more ways than one.
  • richard12345
    Options

If the employer doesn't comply he is fined £1000 each time.
  • richard12345
    Options
    The answer is easy. Don't collect it that way.

Collect it like any other payment, if it is not made then chase through court etc. and send in the bailiffs like any other debt.

In this case the employer went bust. Why should he have to pay again-totally outrageous IMHO

It was 6 weeks payments= £900 I'm now classed as non-compliant because I didn't pay it again. the fact I lost the equivalent to 3 weeks wages on top of this when the company went bust doesn't matter, they still want their pound of flesh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure