Need help!! Attachment of earnings order!!

Options

Comments

• matt_jagger445
    Options
    Oh don't panic it's all guff

I got 11 threats of all sorts over a parking ticket, they sent me one of these, my expenses directly mached my income, it went to court, I ended up paying 50pence a week, and my actual spendable income after all my outgoings is over 200 pounds a week, just lie! If you tell the truth you'll be putting down in black and white what they can take from you every month.

On another note, sell the house, get rid of it, and rent, you will be in a better position, and if the worst comes to the worst, the taxpayer will float your rent until your back on your feet.

Homes should be happy, not stressed pecked out places where everyones skint.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I'll try to have a look later. I'm not so hot on SOAs though.....
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • NeverAgain_2
    Options
    I thought attachment to earnings orders were more for "won't pay", rather than the OP who is "can't pay".

Shouldn't she be earnestly revisiting the idea of bankruptcy?

The household does have a reasonable income, but there is £60,000 of debt, of which only £10,000 is negative equity.

And the household has just taken on another cost centre in the shape of a baby.

The OP concedes she burst into tears at the sight of the attachment to earning order letter, suggesting she is very worn down by her situation.

Rather than worrying about the letter, it might be better to concentrate on a swift bankruptcy and let the official receiver deal with it.
  • oliviasmummy
    oliviasmummy Posts: 251 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2011 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Thanks never again, bankruptsy is what we were hoping to do but can not get together the fees as you can see from income this wont change until end of Oct. I know we were silly to have nother baby but I could never have terminated my pregnancy when I found out and it was all around the time we realised or rather I admitted how bad the situation was becoming but this is the situation we are in now and My children are not going to suffer by me going back to work and leaving my 3month old baby with complete strangers at a nursery because I wouldn't get any more money a month once I have paid for 2 children to go into private chilcare. I paid £350 a month when My daughter went to a childminer when she was one and I returned to work.

I just feel like im stuck in a balck hole and the hole is closing up fast. Think I may have to phone cccs again and re-look at our situation. I know what poeple are saying about the soa and lie but these are honest figures we have no money for car maintenance or emergency fund birthdays etc. If we do decide to give for birthdays or need car MOT etc we have to take it from housekeeping and eat ready meals which only cost £1 from iceland for a few days rather than veg/salad etc which costs alot. I am trying to lose weight myself my eating healthily and I go to my mums house every day to use her treadmill/bike/cross trainer etc. I think this is helping with the stress levels too but I want my children to eat real food and healthily, I dont spend on organic or expensive veg etc all supermarket vaklue range but still its not cheap.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    When does the form have to be returned by?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • oliviasmummy
    Options
    It says to send it so it reaches the court office within 8days of me receiving the notice. I got it on the 8th although Im not sure how they would know when I received it as I didn't sign for it or anything.
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet
    Household Information
    Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 2
    Number of cars owned.................... 1
    Monthly Income Details
    Monthly income after tax................ 450
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 1120
    Benefits................................ 215.04
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 1785.04
    Monthly Expense Details
    Mortgage................................ 608
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 89
    Electricity............................. 100
    Gas..................................... 0
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 44
    Telephone (land line)................... 20
    Mobile phone............................ 10
    TV Licence.............................. 12
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 450 £500
    Clothing................................ 50 (in BR you can up to £120) Not sure if you would be able up it for an order maybe £70
    Petrol/diesel........................... 100
    Road tax................................ 0 you need something here
    Car Insurance........................... 45
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0 £30
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 0
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0£5 per child per week for activities. school dinners £2 per day primary.
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 15 £20
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 11
    Contents insurance...................... 7
    Life assurance ......................... 35
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 0
    Haircuts................................ 0 £10 per adult £5 per child
    Entertainment........................... 0
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0 £40
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1596

Assets
    Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 85000
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 3700
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 88700

Secured & HP Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage...................... 95000....(608)......7.2
    Total secured & HP debts...... 95000.....-.........-
    Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    card 1.........................3600......0.........0
    card 2.........................2600......0.........0
    card 3.........................1200......0.........0
    loan with mortgage NR..........32000.....187.......0
    personal loan..................10500.....0.........0
    card 5.........................3500......0.........0
    card 4.........................600.......0.........0
    Total unsecured debts..........54000.....187.......-

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total monthly income.................... 1,785.04
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,596
    Available for debt repayments........... 189.04
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 187
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 2.04
    Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 88,700
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -95,000
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -54,000
    Net Assets.............................. -60,300
    Created using the SOA calculator at www.makesenseofcards.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using IE browser.

The figures on this are corroect. Mortgage is for more than house is now worth. We are making no payments other than on the loan with our mortgage as its a NR together mortgage so monthly payment is £795 I was told that it could cause more problems if we didnt pay this and as we could afford to to carry on doing so to prevent them trying to make it secured before we were to go bankrupt as we would like to keep the house.

Im on Maternity until Jan 2012 my wage will increase again to full as of Oct 2011 but when I return to work things wont be much different to what they are now with extra travel costs and childcare.

Hope that helps a bit
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Oliviasmummy,

Slightly off topic, but for some unknown reason this thread caught my eye on the main page. :)

You mentioned food costs, and I just wondered if you'd checked out the Old Style area of this forum? Some of the posters on there - well, let's just say that their ability to feed a family of 4+ healthily on what often seems like a few pounds a day is nothing short of legendary. It's well worth a read, and if you posted a thread there I'm sure they could help. :)

For example, I can make a 3.5l slow cooker full of bolognese for about £5, which usually gives me about 8 adult size spag bol portions (I freeze the excess as my own home-made ready meals). Tastes a sight better than Dolmio, too!

Soup is another favourite, I made carrot and potato last week, again gave me half a dozen good size portions for only a few £££ for a whole slow cooker full and ten minutes with a hand blender. And the most expensive part of the whole thing was the small pot of cream added after it cooled :o

Anyway, hope things get better for you :)

*hugs*

~Jes :)
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • oliviasmummy
    Options
    Thanks tigerfeet but that would take my outgoings to more than my income. My sister is a hairdresser and cuts all our hair for nothing both my children are under 3 so no school dinners. I know what you mean about the car bits but we just try and save every little bit we can out of housekeeping for road tax etc
  • gadjah543
    Options
    I think the point of tigerfeets post was to make your outgoings bigger so that it is clear that there is no spare money to get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure