Selling used ink cartridges for cash

I have built up a stash of empty ink cartridges so have been invesigating selling them. I have considered Ebay and also found a few sites by googling:

http://www.takeback.ltd.uk/sell/sell.aspx
http://www.cashforcartridges.co.uk/
http://www.emptycartridge.co.uk/
http://www.cartridgeco.co.uk/acatalog/recycle.html

The prices are quite variable and the sites don't even always quote prices. Does anyone have any experience with this - and if so, can you recommend a company?

Also, most of my cartridges are Canon PGI-520 Blk or CLI-521 (Bk and colours) which either don't appear in the lists or appear with zero value, which is a shame.
«134

Comments

  • Hi I used The Recycling Factory they were really good gave me good prices for my cartridges and paid really quickly.

    Thanks
    Just Looking For Advice. :-)
  • jap200
    jap200 Posts: 2,033
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Katie22313 wrote: »
    Hi I used The Recycling Factory they were really good gave me good prices for my cartridges and paid really quickly.

    Thanks

    Thanks for that suggestion. I've found the website here:
    http://www.therecyclingfactory.com/uk/services/cartridges.asp

    The do helpfully list all the cartridges and amounts paid. Sadly they don't include the particular Canon ones that I have loads of, but perhaps it is because they are not refillable or something.
  • Thanks, this is a great post. I knew you could sell mobile phones, but I didn't know that you could sell ink cartridges!
  • Why do they need my bank account details to register if they pay by cheque? This has made me nervous...
  • I send some to the Recycling Factory via the Mr T's Green Points system. You can pick up the envelopes from big Mr T's or email via Mr T's site to get some mailed to you. I did this last week and they sent me 10.
    I also send some to https://www.directcartridges.co.uk .
    You need to compare best price across the sites really as they change often. I send some via Mr T as the trade up via clubcard deals means I get more out of it.
    Good luck.
    Mongy
    Jan GC £28-49/£120 NSD's 15/17
    Dec GC £90-90/£140 NSD's 17/18
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
  • mongmoney wrote: »
    I send some to the Recycling Factory via the Mr T's Green Points system. You can pick up the envelopes from big Mr T's or email via Mr T's site to get some mailed to you. I did this last week and they sent me 10.
    I also send some to https://www.directcartridges.co.uk .
    You need to compare best price across the sites really as they change often. I send some via Mr T as the trade up via clubcard deals means I get more out of it.
    Good luck.
    Mongy

    Thanks for the tip! It looks like a lot of sites that used to buy used cartridges have now gone. I tend to refill my inkjets, but I have a laser printer - so I guess I'll stick with the refurb toners
  • Katie22313
    Katie22313 Posts: 94 Forumite
    My advise would also be do NOT use http://www.emptycartridge.co.uk/ as i sent them 3 cartridges that they prced around £40, i recived a phone call to tell me to place them in a box and send them through the free post. About 2 weeks later I recived a phone call telling me i would be charged for the postage as i wasjnt suppose to send them in free post and that they had all broken in the post and in fact i would get no money but would have to pay out. I didnt pay out and havent heard anything but i would totally aviod!

    Katie
    Just Looking For Advice. :-)
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    jap200 wrote: »

    Also, most of my cartridges are Canon PGI-520 Blk or CLI-521 (Bk and colours) which either don't appear in the lists or appear with zero value, which is a shame.

    There is a limited market for these, hence zero value. If you still have a printer that uses them you would be better-off buying a chip resetter off ebay and refilling them yourself.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

    Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

    3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

  • I've used http://www.cashforcartridges.co.uk/ for a long time without any problems :)
  • I have used EmptyCartridge Recycling Ltd about 4 or 5 times via their freepost and collection scheme. Never had a problem and have made a nice packet on it. With regards to your complaint Katie, it does state so on their site that the freepost system is for inkjets only.
    The truth is out there... and I want to believe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards