We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LPC funding and accomadation

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a MSE way to fund my legal studies next year. I am thinking about attending one of the larger law schools in London and this is posing a few questions:

1. What is a good student bank account that deals with people doing professional training (and is it better to stick with my Natwest graduate account)?

2. Where is a good place to live in London that won't cost a COMPLETE fortune (I am aware that London living is by no means cheap, but I would be looking for a room in a shared house etc, not a flat rental). I have no idea about areas of London as I navigate by the tube map which can be VERY misleading!!

3. Does the Disabled Student's Allowance (DSA) still apply for professional training, and if so where would I apply for it (I live in different county to parents, so no longer in same local authority as I was when I did my degree, and I will be moving to London, so will no longer be resident in my current local authority either... nightmare!)


Any help would be much appreciated.

CT
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.