We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help! Advice needed re self-employed 'redundancy'.

This is a first post but I'm sure that somebody has an answer for me.
Yesterday I received a rather curt phonecall telling me that the organization I provided a service for (Tuition for adults with learning disabilities) were 'withdrawing from my services' effective from this weekend. Needless to say this came as rather a shock as, given the current circumstances, this was my sole contract.
What I need to know is where should I go next? I'm married, with a mortgage and 2 children, and both my wife and I are self-employed. However, my wife's income is negligible so we couldn't live off that unless it takes off exponentially.
I need to know where we stand vis-a-vis WFTC and/or benefits and what my next step should be. I've booked a meeting at the CAB for next week but would really appreciate any advice before then to (hopefully) stem the rising tide of panic.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.