Anyone claimed fees back from regency mortgage corp?

Options
1235»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please forgive my confusion or ignorance, how do Premier law possibly think we have a claim then?

They probably are looking for loopholes and relying on technical failures on behalf of the broker. i.e. missing paperwork or incorrect documentation.

The FOS complaints process requires the complaints handler at the firm to look not only at your complaint (whatever it is) but also make sure that nothing else stands out as being wrong. So, they can make a complaint with a false reason and still end up getting upheld on an unrelated point.

If they are not using the free of charge complaints process they may be hoping that the advising firm caves in to the threat of legal action costs and decides paying out £x is cheaper than fighting their cause in court. Even in cases where they have done no wrong, it could end up costing thousands of pounds just to prove they have done no wrong.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • tigger69
    tigger69 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Morning and Thanks dunstonh.

Think I am going to hold off and see what this thread brings.

I can't get rid of this niggling thought.

Maybe I'm being cynical but can't help thinking if you take their suggestion of negligence against a solicitor claim and look at it, as the hook of their sales pitch or carrot to a donkey if you prefer, once you've signed and gone ahead, if they don't win that part of the claim or they later decide their is no case but still go ahead and "win" with the ppi/mis selling claim, which is where the 30% fee's come from, they've technically won the case and so we pay the fee's out of the ppi/mis selling compensation as agreed, for something that can be done through the free service - common knowledge if you like but what's not common knowledge would be where to start with negligence against the solicitor claim. Maybe I've just over thought the whole thing and need to focus on something else for a while:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure