Anyone claimed fees back from regency mortgage corp?

Options

Comments

• tigger69
    Options
    Hi all

I have received the same letter today from Premier Law ltd. I would be interested to read any other comments or experiences from anyone??
    I wouldn't have a clue how or what to do if what the letter says is true so any advice would be appreciated.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I didn't find much when I googled, just some people saying they don't think there's a case.
    52% tight
  • tigger69
    Options
    Me neither Jellyhead. Hopefully someone can shed some more light though.
  • tigger40
    Options
    hi, i to recieved a letter from them, i rang them to find out what it was about, i arranged for a guy to come to my house an we had a chat about it,,, he told me alot of people have had this happen to them, and i was warey about doin this, but like you all i looked on the internet and tried to find out what i could, when we chatted i was told that regency had put charges on my morgage and this is what they will try to get back for me, and asked me which solisitors was used an it was matthew and matthew, so i have a case against them aswell... so i thought ok lets go ahead an see what happens, if i get anything back then its a bonus,,, so i signed the paperwork an gave them some back... which i had kept from when i was going through with the mortage, who i had to go with Preferred, which was very expensive..... so after afew days they sent my paperwork back and it was sent recorded delivery... in the letter it says that i have a case, i received the letter back on the 1st feb and there solicitors will get back to me with in the next 21 days.. and the claim could take upto anywere upto 2 to 12 months....so i will keep you upto date with my procress.... and let you know.....
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and they didn't ask for any money from you?
    52% tight
  • levtweeney
    levtweeney Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 February 2011 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Me too, I received the same letter from Premier Law Ltd (It looks pretty amateurish) and have decided to try claiming myself. Like clifford66 I too have spoken to the FSCS and am in the process of filling in the online form to see if I have a right to claim against Regency.

I have made an appointment to speak to an advisor from Premier Law but think I will cancel them until I hear from the FSCS. My letter said...

"Due to the way Regency unfairly added their fees to your mortgage above the purchase price, Premier Law will be able to recover these fees"

My fees at the time did seem large but not exorbitantly so BUT hey if I have been wronged and can claim then I may as well give it a go.

UPDATE

Just spoke to Premier Law and they informed me the greatest part of the claim would have been for professional negligence on behalf of the Solicitor, is this true? He also said the FSCS does not follow up professional negligence claims, is this true also? Now confused as to what to do… What I need is a good financial advisor to give me good advice me thinks.
  • lab1_2
    lab1_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We have received a letter from Premier Law Limited. We had a visit today, however we have not signed anything stating that we want to think about it as I am skeptical. He did say that they do not want any money upfront and the fee will be 30% of the settlement of the solicitors fees. He said that they have won cases, however, I have trawled the internet and cannot find anything to confirm. It just seems too good to be true and am worried about signing anything and then later finding out that we owe money. I have found other forums that state that the company have only been trading since last year and the man confirmed this. If a case takes from about 9-12 month, how many could they have won??

Does anyone have any more information on this company??
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    He did say that they do not want any money upfront and the fee will be 30% of the settlement of the solicitors fees.

That will be 30% plus 20% VAT. Their service is vatable.

Plus, it is against Law Society rules to cold call when legal action is likely to be required.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • tigger69
    tigger69 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Might be clutching at straws but maybe the 30% includes VAT:D

Looking forward to some more updates on this. Pity their doesn't seem to be any history on Premier law to fill us with confidence, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

• geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    I SEE TEARS when the final bill is calculated...them 80% you 20% if you are very lucky....i await the squeals
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure