Lastminute Secret Hotels (ex London) Revealed Discussion

Options

Comments

• KimlaK
    KimlaK Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I've just booked this through Lastminute:

Modern hotel close to Glasgow airport - 3* - Glasgow Airport - Paisley

This modern airport hotel is perfect for business or for leisure trips and can cater for all your needs. The hotel offers a range of dining options including 24 room service, a bar,lounge and restaurant. The hotel is also close enough to the city for you to have a great base for enjoying all that Glasgow has to offer.

It is the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I got it for 2 nights for £78 instead of the £153 it is listed as under its name.
  • acx2010
    Options
    saxo wrote: »
    Hi

Not used this before, does anyone know any of the Nottingham secret hotels please?

In particular:-
    "This offer won't be around for long! Includes breakfast and complimentary glass of bubbly in a small individually designed room. This is one of Nottingham's finest hotels located in the fashionable Lace Market area, right in the heart of Nottingham's City Centre. This contemporary boutique hotel is only minutes from the Old Market Square, Capital FM Arena and Nottingham Castle."

Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail
    Hotel facilities
    • Room Service

Room facilities
    • Air Conditioning
    • Alarm clock
    • Radio
    • Daily housekeeping
    • Double-glazed windows
    • En-Suite Bathroom
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Telephone
    • Television
    • High speed internet connection
    • Hairdryer
    • Safe
    • Heating
    • Kettle

Cancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%
    Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 11:00

• Nearest airport: Nottingham East Midlands Airport

Credit cards accepted by hotel
    • American Express
    • Mastercard
    • Visa

Many thanks. :j

I would guess it to be the Mercure Nottingham City Centre hotel, based on that snippet of information - sorry I can't provide the direct link due to lack of posts :( - google search for Mercure Nottingham will bring it up.

Has recently re-opened after renovation, I have stayed there before the changes and it was a reasonable hotel - don't know what it's like now!

Certainly close to the Capital FM Arena and Market Square, maybe a bit more of a walk to the Castle..
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • saxo
    Options
    acx2010 wrote: »
    I would guess it to be the Mercure Nottingham City Centre hotel, based on that snippet of information - sorry I can't provide the direct link due to lack of posts :( - google search for Mercure Nottingham will bring it up.

Has recently re-opened after renovation, I have stayed there before the changes and it was a reasonable hotel - don't know what it's like now!

Certainly close to the Capital FM Arena and Market Square, maybe a bit more of a walk to the Castle..

Thank you, when I book I will post again. To be fair, most hotels will be better than the 4* city centre hotel I stayed in last weekend in Notts! :)
  • Catxxx
    Catxxx Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    lumcs wrote: »
    Prestigious Dublin hotel - 4* - Dublin
    IE

hotel information
    A modern and classy hotel that creates the setting for the most precious moments with your loved ones or your family. A place of beauty and overwhelming charm that provides an idyllic getaway and top class hospitality and facilites.

hotel restaurants: fine dining and buffet meals are offered in the two restaurants of the hotel.*
    hotel bars: two bars that serve tapas and mediterranean appetisers in addition to your favourite drink or refreshment.*

local attractions
    st. stephen's green*
    temple bar*
    trinity college*
    rds*
    grafton st.*

Hi there,
    Did you find out what this hotel was? I am also looking at it.
    Thanks.
  • Hannah2809_2
    Options
    Hi,

I know its easy enough now to reveal the Latminute.com secret hotels ... but what about Expedias Secret Saver Hotels ... has anyone been able to uncover any of those?
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm struggling with one in Birmingham. Can usually suss these out would some help would be appreciated!

Trendy Apartment Living in Birmingham! - 4* - Birmingham GB
    These luxurious well located apartments offer a great alternative to hotel accommodation. Each apartment is designed with a contemporary feel and offers all the mod cons required. If you're coming up for the weekend listen to some tunes and enjoy a glass of wine before hitting the town. Or if you're in Birmingham for a business trip relax after a hard days work and rustle up an evening meal in the well equipped kitchen. Either way the apartments are a great choice.

Any trendy apartment I search for eventually leads me back to the Secret Hotels on Lastminute.
  • juxined
    Options
    Lastminute.com have a hotel listed as one of their top secret special deals. Does anyone know what this hotel could be based on this description. It's a 4* hotel that has been recently refurbished.

Hotel Details

Located in the city centre, this hotel offers its guests rooms in a peaceful ambiance, with excellent transportation to all parts of the city. Metro station is in walking distance from the hotel. The hotel features a bar, a sauna and a garage. Free tea, coffee and snacks in the lounge area available in the afternoon. As a guest of the hotel you benefit from special deals provided by high quality art and design stores in the surroundings.
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just booked this Top Secret hotel in Malaga. Its the Barcelo. Paid just over £50 for a double room in early March..Ranked #2 on Trip Advisor

Hotel Details

Super good location & trendy hotel in Malaga! - 4* - Malaga.
    This great hotel in Malaga is just 10 minutes from the historical city centre and the beaches along the seafront. Gastronomy is another of its fundamental pillars. The hotel offers a complete breakfast buffet. The guest rooms are spacious and well equipped. With a good location, this property it is the best option for both business and leisure travellers.
  • hideinpockets
    Options
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help, I'm looking at two top secret hotels in Heathrow and wondering if anyone knows what their real identity is. They are -

1. 4 star - top secret hotel in heathrow - 4* - no other details on this one.

2. outstanding, ideally located hotel - 4* - heathrow airport - Just minutes from all Heathrow airport terminals, this 4 star hotel recently completed a full refurbishment and offers large bedrooms, a 24 hour fitness facility, three dining outlets and 24-hour room service. High Speed Internet Access and on-site parking are also available.

If anyone knows the real identity of these two hotels that would be great. Or if anyone knows if the Hilton sometimes does a top secret deal that would be fab!

Thanks a lot :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure