Kitchen fitting quote

Options
Have no idea how much kitchens cost to fit but got this quote which seemed fairly expensive. This is in London. The guy quoted us £2900 for:

- Fitting the new kitchen (L shaped 3m x 3m, with 2 wall units, 1 four drawer unit, 2 appliance units and fitting the washing macine and dishwasher, fitting sink unit and plumbing sink back in, 1 corner unit, another 4 drawer unit then a small wine rack - only thing that wuld fit in the remaining space)
- Fitting new kitchen back door
- Making 4 shelves for inside old fireplace
- Plastering the back kitchen wall from floor to unit height before the new units are attached (basically the kitchen we have now is 'home made' and it consists on basically a worktop screwed to the wall with doors attached. The wall behind is unplastered and when you poke it the plaster / whatever is on top of the brick just falls off. Plus there's a pipe going through to the outside. Doesn't connect to anything, just a pipe blowing cold air straight in)
- Tiling one row of floor tiles (current kitchen is about 10cm deeper than any other standard kitchen these days, so the guy suggested instead of retiling the whole floor we could retile one row with matching tiles)
- Getting rid of all the old kitchen, doors rubble and rubbish.

Like i say, could be totally fair, but i have no idea!

Thanks

Comments

• oz0707
    oz0707 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's everyone else thinking? Labour wise I'd say
    Plastering 1/2 day
    Kitchen Door (internal or external?) 1/2 day
    Fitting kitchen (incl w/tops & rip out old) 4 days
    Tiling 1 day

Not sure on London prices. Also he might have a joey with him for a day or two? Anyway 6-7 days work being generous = 1500 on the labour. Can't see there being 1400 worth of gear there if he's not supplying the kitchen. Anyway get a few more quotes, if he's towards the cheaper end then you will know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure