PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

think i am lacking in iron

Options
i eat a pescatarian diet (vegetarian and fish). for the last few days ive felt a bit run down and have had a nose bleed that has come back several times. last night i felt quite faint and weak. think i might be lacking in iron and wondered what i could eat to boost my iron levels up???

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    No one here can give you advice as we can't know what the problem is. Go to your doctor. that's what they are for.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i eat a pescatarian diet (vegetarian and fish). for the last few days ive felt a bit run down and have had a nose bleed that has come back several times. last night i felt quite faint and weak. think i might be lacking in iron and wondered what i could eat to boost my iron levels up???

This is good, ignore the things you cannot eat, but there seems to be a good mix here!
    But I would also recommend you see your doctor as there could be other issues!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    ........ have had a nose bleed that has come back several times. last night i felt quite faint and weak. think i might be lacking in iron and wondered what i could eat to boost my iron levels up???

I'm very worried for you as you may well have lost significant amount of blood and really should seek medical help.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this: Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport