New car buying .... orangewheels uk website?????

Options
Hi, im looking to buy a new car and have found the orange wheels site whereby it would seem an online company arranges a purchase price of a new car (not imported) with approved dealerships. The new car order is apparently directly through the dealership & I would give no ££ to the online company at all - they just arrange the discounted cost with the dealership - and the 'order' and deposit goes directly through the dealership itself.
SO, has anyone heard of this 'orangewheels' and knows whether they are geniune or not .... or any suggestions as to how i can find out?
Buying the same car using their promised price deal in an approved dealership, compared to going to the dealership without the deal could save £1500-2000 which is worth it....
I wouldnt normally trust online deals etc etc, but as I would give no money to this company - or bank details etc etc i am intrigued whether this could be a good way to be buying my new car
Any comments/experience ???
thanks in advance for any help
Liz

Comments

• NeverAgain_2
    NeverAgain_2 Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    Not heard of the site you mention, so cannot say either way.

One of the most reliable sites which offers this type of brokered deal on a UK dealer supplied car is drivethedeal.com.

If their price is anything near, I would say go with them because you can do so with confidence:

http://www.drivethedeal.com/
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Always wary of business websites registered to a NON TRADING INDIVIDUAL.

Have to ask myself why would a business do that?

As long as you dont give them money then i guess you can ask them. Providing no dodgy contract
    applies. They get commission from the dealer?

mmmmmm They take a deposit via credit or debit card. Wonder who actually phones you???

Them or the Dealer????

I would rather eat my credit card.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    another established site is www.broadspeed.com. They are part of the Inchcape dealer group, and are usually v good with discounted prices.

I wouldnt chance an individual in a scenario like this.
  • hubert_cumberdale
    Options
    if they are only saving you £2000 of a dealers price then you can probably do better than this your self and you get to meet the dealer and get freebies and actually see the car
  • BengalMad
    Options
    Hi, try autobytel uk, we've bought from before. A good online site for buying cheap, New and used cars and they're always supplied direct from main dealer! No hidden fees or costs! Hope this is useful.

Soph
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    Question...........

How do you know what the dealer's price actually is?

If I said to you:

Dealer price £17'995

My price £15'995

Would you believe me? I mean the claimed dealership price is only as honest as the person writing it down.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • unexploded
    Options
    I looked at this site too and was going to question the same thing.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, im looking to buy a new car and have found the orange wheels site whereby it would seem an online company arranges a purchase price of a new car (not imported) with approved dealerships. The new car order is apparently directly through the dealership & I would give no ££ to the online company at all - they just arrange the discounted cost with the dealership - and the 'order' and deposit goes directly through the dealership itself.
    SO, has anyone heard of this 'orangewheels' and knows whether they are geniune or not .... or any suggestions as to how i can find out?
    Buying the same car using their promised price deal in an approved dealership, compared to going to the dealership without the deal could save £1500-2000 which is worth it....
    I wouldnt normally trust online deals etc etc, but as I would give no money to this company - or bank details etc etc i am intrigued whether this could be a good way to be buying my new car
    Any comments/experience ???
    thanks in advance for any help
    Liz
    Not if you could get a better deal yourself, by negotiating with the dealer direct.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Pm2011
    Options
    Yes, I agree definately try out autobytel.co.uk - they have got some great offers and quick service too

Hope that helps!

PM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family