good old co-op

Options
2»

Comments

• Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    My local co-op sells very good quality produce, but doesn't have as many bargains as the OP does in theirs. Today I managed to nab 2 packets of half price pistachio nuts, so was fairly pleased with that.
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Options
    Our local Co-op is rubbish, generally the prices are very high except for some bargains, reductions for being nearly out of date are never very low compared to Sainsburys/tesco reductions.

We did use to have a local Sommerfield as well but unlike mardatha's it changed for the worse since being a Co-op! Any good Sommerfield lines were replaced by inferior co-op products, such a shame!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • runnerbean17
    Options
    I like the Co-op. I think price on price it is more expensive than alot of the other supermarkets but they have some great offers and reductions. I picked up 4 mugs for £1.25. It's the nearest supermarket to me and handy if I can't be bothered to drive too far!!
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...

• Queenriderbrekke
    Options
    sassyblue, our co-op is extremely slow at the tills as well!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • mummyjane
    mummyjane Posts: 391 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I really like shopping in our Co-op but find it quite expensive. It is always lovely and clean though and the staff are nice and helpful. Not the place to shop if you are in a hurry as the queues go down very slowly as they are always chatting to the customers :rotfl:
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    At the moment they are doing 3 different packs of meat products for £10 and that includes the 1.4kg chickens.

They are not organic or free range but better welfare ones. So each chicken is £3.33 each. Ends on the 8th of Feb believe.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • SnowBelle_2
    Options
    I love our local Co-Op,it's really clean a decent size and has BOGOF's that you really use,not like some BOGOF's which are rubbish.
    The staff are nice and they have bargains early in the evening.
    Also they have a Peacocks concession there which sometimes have some not half bad casualwear,If you are on a budget.
    Ooh and a charity bookstall with some great books for 50pence!
    We've got it all here!
    All in all it suits me,but due to their new annoying as hell adverts they are now really busy!!
  • over_flo
    over_flo Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    I was dreading a trip to tesco's this afternoon but as I was short of time,I popped in the co-op instead.
    I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the milk was competetively priced -at 2 x 4L bottlesfor £2 .
    I had expected it to be much more expensive.
    I got just what I needed plus some reduced pasties which I will freeze for when I need a quick dinner.
    Spent just over a fiver.
    I would have picked up allsorts at tesco and probably parted with £20 +.

Even the clubcard points aren't the incentive they used to be.
    Tescos - I can do without you!
  • irishwexford
    Options
    I have noticed the staff reduce some things early in the day and then reduce further anything left later in the day. This supermarket is in the village so its handy but I stock up at poundland for cleaning products and buy veggies at local market. Although I am a pensioner myself I do so agree about the wait at checkouts but we now have self service tills so I can whiz through these. Some people will not use these stating it will do someone out of job but the staff tell me they have lots of other things to do so have no problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure