Returning SNAD item

Options
I'm sure this has been answered many times before, so forgive me asking anyway!

I bought what was described as a broken 32GB iPhone, but when it arrived it turned out to be a cheap iPhone knock-off that can be bought for less when new than I paid for it smashed up. The seller is thus far not responding, so I'm going to open a case against them today.

When I return it, I assume that I need to prove delivery, not just postage? So should I use special delivery rather than recorded?

This has never happened to me before and I just want to make sure I don't mess up and lose my money! Thanks :)

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are looking to cover yourself for more than £41 then it must go special delivery.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • scottishblondie
    Options
    I only paid £39 for it, so I'm not concerned about covering the value when posting, just about getting the refund from the seller.
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    I only paid £39 for it, so I'm not concerned about covering the value when posting, just about getting the refund from the seller.
    Then you will be covered by Recorded, but to prove delivery to the seller, you need to send it back with tracking.

You have to prove attempted delivery; this means that if the seller rejects the package you still get your money back.

Good luck.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • scottishblondie
    Options
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go for special delivery, I'd rather not risk it. It's more expensive but I'd rather recoup most of the money than none at all!! Still need to buy those iPhone parts :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure