Had to baked bean upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Raspberry_Swirl
    Options
    Another vote here for the Branston beans when they're on offer! My cupboard is over-run with them at the moment :)
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    Tesco does 'Oak Lane' Beans, same price as Value (29p), only they taste amazing!

Also Tesco own brand mushy peas are the same price as their value ones (18p)!

I've seen various Oak Lane products in our Tesco, but no Oak Lane Beans and Peas as of yet.

I had an Oak Lane jar of Pasta Sauce not so long ago. Said it was mildly spicy on the jar, but the darn thing was stripping the lining from my throat. Almost as strong as a vindaloo or something.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    I can never understand for somethings why people buy value.

Beans are one of those items. Branston beans often go on offer at a £1 for a pack of 4. Making it 25p a can compared to value which I think are about 29p a can.

I never buy value beans for the reason above. I don't even eat them myself as they are evil but my husband likes them.

Yours

Calley

Our Tesco has never had any Branston Beans on sale like that, otherwise I would have bought them.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I vote for Branston beans, I actually prefer them to Heinz. The Oak Lane ones are nice as well, but usually I have a good stock of Branston and keep an eye out for them being on offer.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    I've seen various Oak Lane products in our Tesco, but no Oak Lane Beans and Peas as of yet.

I had an Oak Lane jar of Pasta Sauce not so long ago. Said it was mildly spicy on the jar, but the darn thing was stripping the lining from my throat. Almost as strong as a vindaloo or something.

I found them hidden way up on the top shelf! Blue lable... taste like heinz did when I was a child before they removed all the sugar and salt and made them bland!

I only found them because my supermarket told me they exsisted! They are harder to find!

I found most Oak Lane products are lovely, but i haven't tried they jars. They are a 'bargin' brand, which i have noticed are also called Tratorria (nice pasta) and Mermaid (Tuna).
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family