Hotel threatening to charge my debit card for damages on another room - what can I do

Options
My husband and I have just returned from a 1 night stay at a hotel with our friends. I booked it all by email and I paid on my debit card for our room whilst our friends paid cash for theirs. I have just received a call from the hotel saying that one of the beds in our friends room was damaged (base broken in half) and that they are going to take £100 from my card to replace the bed. We absolutely dispute this as the bed was completely fine when we all left this morning however the hotel is standing their ground so basically it is our word against theirs. Does anyone know what my rights are as it wasn't my room but they are threatening to take the money from my card. I have rang the bank to try and stop them doing it but they said I would have to raise a dispute after they have taken the money and they would tae it up with them.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm probably right in thinking if you made the booking then they will hold you responsible
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    I'd tell them to do one. Their argument is with the other couple, not you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure