£100k to invest

Options
I have £100k available, 5 years from a professional pension but on a 1 year rolling contract. My plan includes
  1. Invest £10k per annum into ISAs for my partner and I on a year by year basis
  2. Meanwhile split it into two £50k chunks and invest it into the 2 highest interest Savings accounts e.g. Post Office Online Saver
  3. Not tying it into Fixed Term savings as I am concerned that might job might go and that interest rates may increase over the life of a Fixed Term.
Any thoughts or alternative suggestions? Cheers

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any thoughts or alternative suggestions?

You say invest but it looks like you have decided not to invest but use savings accounts. Indeed, you are not even using the full ISA allowances but sticking only with cash savings.

What are your objectives?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're missing one of your biggest opportunities, the stocks and shares ISA account. That provides tax free income from corporate bonds or corporate bond funds and you can also hold a wide range of other investments in one. It's a key part of my own provision for the possibility of long term unemployment or illness preventing work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure